Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Out of 10, what would you rate your progress/success on RoAccutane from before you started up untill NOW? stating how long you have been on the treatment.

24 days so far

I'd rate my improvement 4/10

I've been on it for 7 weeks this Wednesday. For overall skin, I'd give it an 8.5. All that's keeping me away from a 10 is the scarring left over from my IB. Acne-wise, I give it a 10 since I haven't had any appear since my IB 5 weeks ago, but my IB was definately horrible to say the least and I had a long ways to go to get to the 8.5 I'm giving it.

Not sure if that makes sense! haha

Going on 3 mos, no IB so far. Skin wise I'd give it a 9 but the side effects bring the score down to 8

Side effects in order of annoyance:

ITCHY arms and jawline no matter how much moisturizer I glop on. Lots of tiny little scratches from itching that don't want to heal. Derm says it's just a side effect and poo-poos it but it's damn annoying! Try sitting in meetings all day and not scratching. <grrrr!>

Dry lips - not too bad

Increased appetite - not sure if it's due to tane or not

That's about it. My skin looks really lovely - soft, smooth, healthy [except for my arms] :confused:

day 123 (just started month 4)

I guess what I used to be was a 2/10 before accutane, now I'm about a 8/10 on it. I don't expect it to get much better than that.

ahaha im negitive -.5 too

except im still on month 1

it may be making my skin ( in the parts that arnt covered with whiteheads) look alot nicer though!

I was on Accutane for about 7 months and ended about 1 1/2 yrs ago...I can say that everyday since then, my scars fade a little more. I still get the occasional small zit here and there but really...every since accutane 9/10...can't say 10/10 yet until my scars heal up completely...that'll take a while. :)