Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mza

Differin breakout

I was on accutane twice, and after my second course (which cleared me) I was prescribed Differin to put on any individual spots. Obviously I had none for a few weeks at least, but then after a while I would get what I knew would become a spot, so I put differin on it at night and the next day it was gone. However after about 2 months of this (putting it on individual spots, not all over the face), I began to break out kinda bad and so I went to the dermatologist and he put me on a THIRD course of Accutane.

But Im thinking..was it the Differin that broke me out? I heard about the Initial Breakout on it, and so when I started my third course of accutane, I stopped Differin in case the Initial Breakouts combined into one massive one!!

So really what Im asking is if its possible that the breakout was actually from Differin, and not that my spots were coming back. Bearing in mind the breakout was pretty bad.

And I stopped the 3rd course of Accutane cause of sideeffects after 3 weeks. Do you think its worth going back on the Differin, and looking into antibiotics as an alternative to Accutane?

Thanks.