Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
happymommy

Does CSR work for hormonal acne?

I've been on the csr for 5 months now. It doesn't really do a whole lot, but I think thats because my acne is hormonal. I have also added an extra wash and not used enough moisturizer, which may be another reason why it hasn't worked. I got on Yasmin a few months ago and my face is pretty clear except for the week of my period. I have begun doing the csr exactly and my skin is pretty clear right now, but it's my clear time anyway. I'm just wondering if I should even bother with the csr. I'm afraid I'll break out if I stop, but I'm not too sure that it helps my hormonal acne anyway. Any input would be appreciated

most acne starts off as hormonal acne, like in teens. Im 17 and have acne since 14, but my hormones kicked in when i was like 12, and my acne didnt start till 14.

iv used bp in the past and it did work a great deal :) but then personaly i found BP made my face look worse than it did better, so i control my acne with antibiotics and medicated toners and GA Peels :)

If you break out during the week of your period, perhaps you can use the Yasmin to skip periods? Yasmin is a monophasic birth control pill, so you can just start another active set of pills rather than allowing a week for your period. You can safely do this for three months at a time--that's the idea behind that Seasonale pill, for example, but any monophasic BCP is appropriate for skipping periods. When you do have your period after a few months of skipping it, it is usually lighter and shorter, too. Continuing to follow the CSR strictly and perhaps using a bit more BP the week before and during your period might help with the hormonal acne more, too.