Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

I've heard that benzoyl peroxide is really bad for brown/red marks post acne. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Posted

It just slows down the healing process for redmarks.

Guest ThereIsHope
Posted

Yes. It horrible for redmarks. Good for acne, but it makes the redmarks (for me) MUCH more inflammed and they last forever. I'm currently in the middle of an experiment where i'm using duac (BP) on one side of my face and a mild retinol (diffin) on the other. I'm breaking out worse on the side where i'm using diffirin, but my redmarks and inflammation have faded DRAMATICALLY. My acne on the side where im using bp is much better, but the redmarks are so horrible it looks like near-severe acne. :confused:

Posted

HA HA thats funny because I've done the same thing where I test one product on one side of my face and use something else for the other side. I've been alternating neutrogena acne fading mark peel and alpha hydrox oil free formula every night. Its been working real well I only use the regimen at night because my face is getting red from the glycolic acid in the oil free formula.

Posted

i stopped BP only for 2 weeks and my face is less red now from all the marks. stopped bp cause it brought my acne from moderate to mild, but cant seem to do any better.

Posted

BP will clear yor active acne and prevent more BUT red marks from yor old acne stay there long enough to regret youve ever used BP >_> IMO

Posted

BP will clear yor active acne and prevent more BUT red marks from yor old acne stay there long enough to regret youve ever used BP >_> IMO

Totally agree lol.. I sometimes wish I resorted to something else.. but I know my acne would be much worse if I haven't used BP...

Hard decision

Somewhat bad acne with not a lot of redmarks.... or mild acne with tons of redmarks that never seem to go away :doh::wall:

Posted

I guess I'll try to limit the BP on my face and see how that goes. It sucks cause products only work for acne or brown/red marks not both!

Posted

Use bp in the morning and ACV in the evenings?

Posted

I really dont like BP anymore .. it made my redmarks last forever! Since using Tea Tree Oil my breakouts are alot less and it is actually helping my skin .. and ZERO dryness.

Guest Michael Jackson
Posted

Totally agree lol.. I sometimes wish I resorted to something else.. but I know my acne would be much worse if I haven't used BP...

Hard decision

Somewhat bad acne with not a lot of redmarks.... or mild acne with tons of redmarks that never seem to go away :doh::wall:

me too

Posted

I really dont like BP anymore .. it made my redmarks last forever! Since using Tea Tree Oil my breakouts are alot less and it is actually helping my skin .. and ZERO dryness.

I agree.

Posted

soooooooooo can anyone tell me why bp prolongs redmarks?

Posted

Eh that sucks. I like using Benzaclin but not if the redness never goes away.

Posted

I now have more red marks then i have ever had in my life no more bp for me.

Posted

Does anyone know if I continue using BP for acne, that 30% glycolic acid peels will make the red marks fade away even with the BP?

Posted

I would think you would be really red because BP and glycolic peels make your face sensitive. But I would say that it would almost cancel the effect out especially depending on how much sun you get because the sun so make scars darker. But thats just my guess.

Posted

long time bp user here and it really helps with acne. I recently switched to rx products hoping to fade my red marks. I don't think there is a scientific study out there that says bp does make red marks last longer, but it seems like it does.

Posted

i use neutrogena cleanser/mask 3.5 BP as a cleanser. Is that a bad idea? I have lot of blemishes now and red marks.