Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fromchicago

Neosporin?

I recently lost a battle to a pimple, so now it's red and kinda raw. My question is: does neosporin really work? Right now Im using that and a band-aid.

Im open to suggestions! - Thanks in advance...

Guest Cubsfan

neosporin is top shelf for healing cuts to the skin. last year i passed out and scraped a piece of skin on top of my forhead. Neosporin healed it real quick (less than a week) and you can't even see the part where it was scraped.

I think neosporin does help...i put it on when I mess up on it heals much more quickly. I dab it on before putting my moisturizer on so it doesn't sit there as a glistening glob, drawing attention to what needs to be hidden, lol and it usually helps it go away in 2-3 days without red marks (if I leave it alone and don't mess with it more.)

~nancy

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I thought Shatangi was saying something about NOT supposed to use Neosporin on your face...

:-k

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I know that olive oil supposed to be good :-k

So far, it looks as though things are going good. The scab is just reddish pink -- kinda swollen looking. I'm also using a bandaid to hold in the moisture...

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Dude

PM Shatangi and ask her to share her thoughts here. I'm pretty sure it was her.

Okay, I've got a Neosporin story. When I was 15, I had an enormous boil on the tip of my nose. Eventually it drained, and left a pretty good sized crater. Oh, great.

So, I swabbed Neosporin on it, covered it with a Band-Aid, and left it on overnight. The next morning, I removed the Band-Aid. The crater on the tip of my nose had healed completely. It was if nothing had ever happened.

True story. Most amazing thing I'd ever seen. Needless to say, I'm a big fan of Neosporin.