Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
warlock110

I have alot of question... and i have no idea what i'm doing :)

ok. there is a crapload of info on acne stuff... and let's face it, it's probably better to sum it up once and for all for future reference. some of the stuff i've been reading i'll post here. but there's also alot of stuff that i don't know. so let's put it all together and everyone can benefit.

1st i wanna talk about proactive and other kits with similar styles... the proactive system breaks into 3 different steps

1) face wash: this is your typical solution that the main ingridient is Salicylic Acid, u can pick this up at any store under different brands. let's face it, Salicylic Acid is Salicylic Acid ... there ain't gonna be any difference

2) the cleaner: i don't know how this works, but their 2nd step is a solution with mostly water + some sort of cleaners, u apply it with cotton balls or some sort of cotton. again u can get this stuff under different brand.. it's the same crap... i'm pretty sure it contains some sort of Salicylic Acid too. but this is sort of the unnessesary step IMO. i think they just wanna make sure ur face is clean before u put on the stuff in the 3rd step. they are usually classify as "cleaners" under other brands. liquid stuff. not paste/gel

3) the acne killer: the solution in this is just Benzoyl Peroxide cream. u find it over the counter... the over the counter stuff is 10% Benzoyl Peroxide... some says to apply and leave it, while other says to wash it off.... no idea. but i'll touch on this subject later....

so basically u can pick up the whole proactive kit for about 15 bucks, and u get more too because the bottles over the counters are bigger (and it still brand name like clean n clear. neutrogena ect...). in reguard of such system, i belive they do work well. but it takes quite a bit of time to apply everything, i tried it before and find them really annoying. i think it probably be better to just skip the dam 2nd step and go from 1-3...

2nd: Vitamins:

to my belief, acne is cause by hormone/neclect in skin care/genes/stress ect... but one of the other thing that not alot of us have notice is diet.... pesonally i KNOW for a fact i don't have a great diet. and it goes the same for like over 90pct of the population. My theory is that us (the people with ance) is missing some sort of vitamin in our diet, and our system sort of crash and that's why we have acne... However i don't know what we are missing. i think i'm lacking in vegies/fruits (vitamin C and stuff like that, which is known to help with skins...).... so any of u guys know what sort of vitamin good for skin, plz post it here (the sticky is saying vitamin B5)...

3rd: Benzoyl Peroxide apply or wash off? this is sort of the heavier questions, as some product says to leave it, while other says to wash it off. the real qusetion is, since our skins are like so crap, leavinig some sort of cream on it will only block the pores and kabam we have break out... but then again Benzoyl Peroxide is sort of like the bacteria killer... so it might be ok to leave it on.. Anyone can shine the light on this subject?

4th: PORES.... most of us with ance have gigantic pores (i know i do)... and since we're all treating this crap, should we just go to the sources? if we can have normal pores like regular people, then it might decrease our chance of having acne. So the real question is that is there any product out there that can help control pores size?

5th: PORES again... in relation to the dang pores on our face. we also have to touch the subject of skin prep before using all these products... I do know that normally, those dang people working with skins prep it by enlarging the pores with steams as a prep before doing stuff to your skin, personally i think that it helps the product to have that little boost to be more effective... the theory sounds good... is there any ways to enlarge pores before applying all this stuff without their stupid steam machines?

6th: Moisturiser + sunscreen: this is another important topic... as ance prone people, i know for a dang fact we ain't liking anything on our skin (also oily skin)... but if we leave our skins naked like a stripper, the sun gonna hit it like it's the sun's bitch. and i think that our slow recovery + skin damage is because of this... the question for this topic is: is there any ways to have sun screen without increasing the chance of acne?

7th: skins tones: most people with acne actually dont' look bad, what's making it look bad is the skins tone not being even... any product that's gonna help with this?

i'm pretty much done here. i think i wrote an essay or something lol... but these are probably what most people would ask... thanks.. i did the best i could. i'm about to place a purchase on drugstore.com for all the stuff i need. it's time to use my face as an experiement subject :)

6th: Moisturiser + sunscreen: this is another important topic... as ance prone people, i know for a dang fact we ain't liking anything on our skin (also oily skin)... but if we leave our skins naked like a stripper, the sun gonna hit it like it's the sun's bitch. and i think that our slow recovery + skin damage is because of this... the question for this topic is: is there any ways to have sun screen without increasing the chance of acne?

I will answer this one.

use this moisturizor:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...Y-PLST-0-SEARCH

wait a couple minutes then apply this sunscreen:

best moisturizor and sunblock I have ever used. They absorb quickly and have never caused me to break out.

I will answer this one.

use this moisturizor:

wait a couple minutes then apply this sunscreen:

best moisturizor and sunblock I have ever used. They absorb quickly and have never caused me to break out.

hey, that's pretty good :)... yeah, i'll pick those up for a try when i place my order...

or you can just order the olay complete for sensitive skin, because it has sunscreen in it. it's pretty much the best moisturizer ever.

or you can just order the olay complete for sensitive skin, because it has sunscreen in it. it's pretty much the best moisturizer ever.

cool, i'll pick that up too...

bump :)