Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't want to be in a relationship for awhile. I feel like my acne is really holding me back. I wanted to go back to school in 2001 and 5 years later, I still never went back.

I'm not sure anyone would really want to be with me due to my acne and depression. Yes, I work, but most people my age (27) are attending college or are already done, have there own condos, houses, credit cards and cars and have real professions. Even 15 year olds have better jobs then me. :cry:

I don't want to be in a relationship for awhile. I feel like my acne is really holding me back. I wanted to go back to school in 2001 and 5 years later, I still never went back.

I'm not sure anyone would really want to be with me due to my acne and depression. Yes, I work, but most people my age (27) are attending college or are already done, have there own condos, houses, credit cards and cars and have real professions. Even 15 year olds have better jobs then me. :cry:

I can somehow relate to you about acne holding back on having a relationship. But it sounds to me that's you have other issues besides acne. Your mentality tells me that you can't be in a relationship with someone because you have nothing to offer. You said that you're 27 but with no real profession. I don't want to judge you but I can't help but to wonder what you did after high school. Did you already graduate but couldn't find a suitable job? You should set some life goals because living a senseless life is asking for depression. I doubt any quality girls would want to be in a relationship with someone with no real goals, regardless of acne.

Well bro its up to you to change that...

I'm not gonna cry for you or hold your hand or say 'AWww its alright' like most of the idiots on here.

You are responsible for your own life at 27.

Your acne - is it really that bad? Have you been to a dermatologist?

Again, your depression? Is it affecting your life so much that you need help? Well go on, get some help then.

If you don't make moves to help your situation don't expect anyone to feel sorry for you. Perhaps I'm being harsh, but these are the facts of life.

Can't you do some tertiary study at a college or something (I'm not altogether familiar with how the US education system works)?

If you have better credentials naturally you'll get a better job - that's how society works.

Hi Corporeality,

It seems to me that you have 2 choices. Pick yourself up and get yourself into some action, set some worthwhile goals and achieve them and fight your acne. Or you could just give up and let it all win, your negative thinking, your acne, your past. Think for the future, where could you be in a years time---set an ambitious goal and go for it with all the might you can muster!

This goal could be to have a job that people your age generally have, to have an apartment and car, have a girlfriend, have clear skin and anything else you can think of that you think will make you happy. It is possible. Sure there will be obstacles in the way but find a way to overcome them. Happiness to me is overcoming obstacles in the pursuit of a positive goal.

"I'm not gonna cry for you or hold your hand or say 'AWww its alright' like most of the idiots on here."

there's nothing idiotic about this sort of support/reassurance, sometimes its exactly what a person needs.

Corporeality, I've been going through the same thing, sometimes i feel that, due to my acne, I shouldnt pursue a relationship... Like I'm inadequate as a result of it or something. But honestly- there are soo many people with acne who are in very successful and supportive relationships, you can't let it hold you back.

For example, I was talking to one of my sister's friends (who's gorgeous, btw) and was talking to her about accutane. She told me it didnt really work for her husband, who had very severe cystic acne, but that she is helping him deal with it...

I'd suggest finding professional help to assist you in dealing with any insecurities. Also, dont decide to hold of school because of acne, seriously... you'll just end up regreting it in the end...

i have people in my chem class who have grey hair. i swear to god on that too. acnes a bitch, i let it control my life too. my suggestion is get a hobby so you wont think about it so much. i play video games, or write some bullshit. i aint got no one in my life neither except my dog. Oh shit thats good, get a pet. girls like animals and youll be able to think about something other then yourself. you just gotta keep your mind busy.

The past few months I've been a recluse, avoiding phone calls from the few friends I do go out with some times and spending midnight hours drinking coffee and going to the arcade trying to master different combo moves.

I might inspire a new geek cult called the Street Fighter Cult that plays Capcom Fighting games at all hours of the day and night.

This is my only joy in life and the only thing I've recently been interested in or enjoying lately.

I hate my University, it made me what I am. Drexel University made me into an insomniatic, paranoid sarcastic and heartless beast.

I'm being an intense recluse insomniatic punching away at joystick controls trying to beat M. Bison for the 32nd time in a row. They say the definition of Insanity is doing something repeatedly in the same manner expecting a different result when you know otherwise.

Relationships? HAHA.

HAHAH.

Ha.

I am at my most dysfunctional. I can't talk to someone without including some sarcastic reference or laughing from the feeling that I am about to go insane after being up on red bull for 36 hours straight.

I don't want to be intamite with anyone.

Did I even spell that right ? Haha.

Excuse me I'm hyper off coffee right now. my thoughts aren't linear....

Initmate....

Anyways... I don't want to be intimate with anyone ever. The thought of cuddling with someone makes me want to squirt milk out my nose and punch myself in the gut and vomit up whatever sedatives I've been taking for the day. And then roll over laughing and rinse and repeat.

It's so out of my mind I can't seriously think about even kissing a girl without cracking myself up.

I've become so dangerously sarcastic and at the same time genuinely cynical that penn and teller along with the creator of seinfeld would fear me, for fear that I would top them at their art and take their precious jobs.

I have so much cynicism in me I have reached the pen-ultimate level of cynicism and sarcasm combined, to the point where it is virtually undetectable unless I want it to be.

My whole point is saying all this is that needless to say, one cannot be in a "serious" relationship when he is so delirious he laughs from the sight of a cup of chocolate pudding.

I swear recently I just stared at somebody's nesquick pudding and nearly pissed my pants with glee.....

I fear I have permanently lost my presence of mind. My grades have improved as a result of this insanity. Hence I have no complaint.

As long as my grades are good, this will lead to a successful career which will lead to money, which will lead to happiness?

Oh yes it will. The common fallacy is that money is the root of all evil. That is when you use money in excess. I use money in the "proper" way!

I use money to buy sedatives which counteract my insomnia to create a constant state of delirium! This in effect has a psychotic effect on the brain opening my frontal lobes to more education.

In turn education grants me money which grants me sedatives and starts the process all over again! Just like Dharma!

I'm sorry I really wish I could be the type that slowly rots away without someone noticing me. But after having been deluded and disallusioned all these years I seek the truth. The truth is if I'm going down, I'm taking a few people with me.

No this does not mean I will come to the office with an AK-47. I am not a bored hillbilly with nothing else better to do.

This means that anyone else who shows signs of true cyncism will be recruited into my club!

Come one, come all, ride the train of sarcasm and enjoy life to the fullest. Free of charge! Come one come all!

You see what's funny is I have lost all hope for anything happy or meaningful in this life. All I live for is to be comfortable, in order to be comfortable I have to go to school, so I can make money and live comfortably.

Hence I'm even more driven than I was before! Because now that the object is something as tangible as money, I can truly achieve it ! Hooray!

Finally, something I can touch and hold, unlike that stupid soulmate concept. F*ck soulmates! Why not have cold green hard cash? It buys you yummies!

Isn't it great being in Generation XI?

I am soooo sorry for this. I truly am. And I'm not being sarcastic this time. It's just this is the only way I can vent my agony and hypocritcal irony.

As much as the world is to blame I am to blame as well. And it is my fault that I keep seeing a kitty in the corner of my eye when it is nothing but a pair of socks on the floor.

By God I've gone insane.

The past few months I've been a recluse, avoiding phone calls from the few friends I do go out with some times and spending midnight hours drinking coffee and going to the arcade trying to master different combo moves.

I might inspire a new geek cult called the Street Fighter Cult that plays Capcom Fighting games at all hours of the day and night.

This is my only joy in life and the only thing I've recently been interested in or enjoying lately.

I hate my University, it made me what I am. Drexel University made me into an insomniatic, paranoid sarcastic and heartless beast.

I'm being an intense recluse insomniatic punching away at joystick controls trying to beat M. Bison for the 32nd time in a row. They say the definition of Insanity is doing something repeatedly in the same manner expecting a different result when you know otherwise.

Relationships? HAHA.

HAHAH.

Ha.

I am at my most dysfunctional. I can't talk to someone without including some sarcastic reference or laughing from the feeling that I am about to go insane after being up on red bull for 36 hours straight.

I don't want to be intamite with anyone.

Did I even spell that right ? Haha.

Excuse me I'm hyper off coffee right now. my thoughts aren't linear....

Initmate....

Anyways... I don't want to be intimate with anyone ever. The thought of cuddling with someone makes me want to squirt milk out my nose and punch myself in the gut and vomit up whatever sedatives I've been taking for the day. And then roll over laughing and rinse and repeat.

It's so out of my mind I can't seriously think about even kissing a girl without cracking myself up.

I've become so dangerously sarcastic and at the same time genuinely cynical that penn and teller along with the creator of seinfeld would fear me, for fear that I would top them at their art and take their precious jobs.

I have so much cynicism in me I have reached the pen-ultimate level of cynicism and sarcasm combined, to the point where it is virtually undetectable unless I want it to be.

My whole point is saying all this is that needless to say, one cannot be in a "serious" relationship when he is so delirious he laughs from the sight of a cup of chocolate pudding.

I swear recently I just stared at somebody's nesquick pudding and nearly pissed my pants with glee.....

I fear I have permanently lost my presence of mind. My grades have improved as a result of this insanity. Hence I have no complaint.

As long as my grades are good, this will lead to a successful career which will lead to money, which will lead to happiness?

Oh yes it will. The common fallacy is that money is the root of all evil. That is when you use money in excess. I use money in the "proper" way!

I use money to buy sedatives which counteract my insomnia to create a constant state of delirium! This in effect has a psychotic effect on the brain opening my frontal lobes to more education.

In turn education grants me money which grants me sedatives and starts the process all over again! Just like Dharma!

I'm sorry I really wish I could be the type that slowly rots away without someone noticing me. But after having been deluded and disallusioned all these years I seek the truth. The truth is if I'm going down, I'm taking a few people with me.

No this does not mean I will come to the office with an AK-47. I am not a bored hillbilly with nothing else better to do.

This means that anyone else who shows signs of true cyncism will be recruited into my club!

Come one, come all, ride the train of sarcasm and enjoy life to the fullest. Free of charge! Come one come all!

You see what's funny is I have lost all hope for anything happy or meaningful in this life. All I live for is to be comfortable, in order to be comfortable I have to go to school, so I can make money and live comfortably.

Hence I'm even more driven than I was before! Because now that the object is something as tangible as money, I can truly achieve it ! Hooray!

Finally, something I can touch and hold, unlike that stupid soulmate concept. F*ck soulmates! Why not have cold green hard cash? It buys you yummies!

Isn't it great being in Generation XI?

I am soooo sorry for this. I truly am. And I'm not being sarcastic this time. It's just this is the only way I can vent my agony and hypocritcal irony.

As much as the world is to blame I am to blame as well. And it is my fault that I keep seeing a kitty in the corner of my eye when it is nothing but a pair of socks on the floor.

By God I've gone insane.

Hey man, you play MVC2 or CVS2? How good are you at Third Strike? I haven't played those games for a couple of years but I am pretty good though. For MVC2 when I stopped, I used Cable, Sentinel, and Iceman. For CVS2, I usually stick with Capcom characters. For Third Strike, I use Ryu or Ken. We should play! Case closed.

:ninja:

I intensely desire a romantic relationship (contrary to my alias), and the thought of having one is on my mind a lot when I'm in bed. But at the same time I realise that in a weird way I truly value my social isolation. It gives me a great source of comfort and I’ve come to really appreciate it. If I know that I won’t be seeing anyone for a while (even for weeks at a time), I don't become depressed or anxious. I relish the fact. I feel happy even.

For this reason I don't think I'm fit for a relationship and so it's really never more than a pipe dream to me. How can you truly give someone what they deserve emotionally and physically when you're so closed off from the world, hideous, and stunted socially? And how can you be in a relationship when you like frequent and prolonged periods alone? That's how I feel about the whole situation. Hence, my state of mind prevents me from even considering being in a relationship. Prevent is even probably too strong a word, as I don't feel hindered by this. I accept it willingly.

For example, there's one girl in particular that I have more than a crush on (maybe I even love her, but I'm hesitant to use the word because how can I really know what it feels like to love when I never show emotion?). She's intelligent, funny, easy to talk to and incredibly beautiful in a girl-next-door way. However, all these great features instantly preclude her as relationship material. Why? Because I would never subject her to me and my faults. The mere thought of her being with me makes me sick and embarrassed for her.

So, as you can see I'm out the race before I even started! But strangely this doesn’t depress me as much as I think it should. In a way it makes me feel ‘safe.’

I intensely desire a romantic relationship (contrary to my alias), and the thought of having one is on my mind a lot when I'm in bed. But at the same time I realise that in a weird way I truly value my social isolation. It gives me a great source of comfort and I’ve come to really appreciate it. If I know that I won’t be seeing anyone for a while (even for weeks at a time), I don't become depressed or anxious. I relish the fact. I feel happy even.

For this reason I don't think I'm fit for a relationship and so it's really never more than a pipe dream to me. How can you truly give someone what they deserve emotionally and physically when you're so closed off from the world, hideous, and stunted socially? And how can you be in a relationship when you like frequent and prolonged periods alone? That's how I feel about the whole situation. Hence, my state of mind prevents me from even considering being in a relationship. Prevent is even probably too strong a word, as I don't feel hindered by this. I accept it willingly.

For example, there's one girl in particular that I have more than a crush on (maybe I even love her, but I'm hesitant to use the word because how can I really know what it feels like to love when I never show emotion?). She's intelligent, funny, easy to talk to and incredibly beautiful in a girl-next-door way. However, all these great features instantly preclude her as relationship material. Why? Because I would never subject her to me and my faults. The mere thought of her being with me makes me sick and embarrassed for her.

So, as you can see I'm out the race before I even started! But strangely this doesn’t depress me as much as I think it should. In a way it makes me feel ‘safe.’

dude thats eactly how i feel. the chic im obsessed to me is perfect in every way which makes me think why should she have come down to a musch lower standard.

I'll admit having someone in your life really helps stress, but I just got out of a bad relationship- and afterwards my crazy just went crazy on me. It depends on the person; if it's love or not.

dude thats eactly how i feel. the chic im obsessed to me is perfect in every way which makes me think why should she have come down to a musch lower standard.

did i just find my two secret twin brothers ?

that exaclty how i feel

yeah i feel ya buddy on that note.....just gotta keep your head up....if you knew your acne was never going to go away would you still act the same are you do now....cant wait for it to go away or it never will

yeah i feel ya buddy on that note.....just gotta keep your head up....if you knew your acne was never going to go away would you still act the same are you do now....cant wait for it to go away or it never will

yes i completley agree with you there. if i knew this is how my skin was gonna be for the rest of my life i would def act alot more confident, enjoy myself alot more i think

Just smile at as many people as possible. What's the worst that could happen? It will build your confidence.

Also, there's so much more to life than material possessions and jobs.

Go to the beach and think about it. Get enlightened.

i dont even look at girls becasue of my acne

same here buddy

dude im so happy you said that. in a way im exactly i mean exactly the same. but it makes me depressed. ive been in a relationship before and it is the fucking shit. and i would like to have this feeling with many other people but shit keeps holding me back, "closed off from the world, hideous, and stunted socially? And how can you be in a relationship when you like frequent and prolonged periods alone?". "there's one girl in particular that I have more than a crush on (maybe I even love her, but I'm hesitant to use the word because how can I really know what it feels like to love when I never show emotion?). She's intelligent, funny, easy to talk to and incredibly beautiful in a girl-next-door way." i just had a girl where i felt the same way about her(i really cant believe on how much it is the same way), but instead of doing nothing about it this time i decided to go for it, even tho she is engaged. and i got shut down so bad, i actually cried. i havent cried in years literally years. shes in one of my classes and now we dont sit or talk to each other, and whenever i see her it drives me absolutly insane. the only good thing from it, is i feel more like a human from it, if you ever seen Garden State where he said he felt so numb to the world, thats how i felt and it wasnt until then i relieazed it. and now im doing whatever i can to find another girl so i can forget about her.

QUOTE(Who am I @ Oct 2 2006, 10:25 AM)

i dont even look at girls becasue of my acne

same here buddy

step one: head up! :)

making eye contact is important here.