Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slevin

CRS for mild acne

Im just wondering if its worth going on the CSR even if you have mild acne like 2-4 pimples. It's getting really annoying...been like this for the last 4-5 years.

I've tried a few acne face washes but they don't seem to do much at all.

I've had mild acne, really mild like how you described. CSR did not help. I believe it works best for moderate acne. (although people like to call their moderate acne "mild", to feel better I suppose). So don't be confused by that. You won't know unless you tried it, but for me I got acne in places I never had it after using the CSR, which I contribute directly to treating my whole face with BP. So be careful in that area.

For 2-4 pimples? No. I honestly wouldn't try it if I were you. Why slather BP all over your face when you only get a few zits here and there? IMO, there's no need to put your skin through that for the type of spots you're describing.

For 2-4 pimples? No. I honestly wouldn't try it if I were you. Why slather BP all over your face when you only get a few zits here and there? IMO, there's no need to put your skin through that for the type of spots you're describing.

Why not its not like your doing harm to your face, like others the CSR consists of a gentle cleansr BP to fight pimples not just moderate cases, and a moisturizer for your face to stay healthy.

If it works for moderate then it works for mild and may put severe to moderate cases.

I'm doing it and my derm said spot treat with 5%, this is why I prefer the csr which is gentler then what my derm prescribed, not like she mentioned a moisturizer.

I've had mild acne, really mild like how you described. CSR did not help. I believe it works best for moderate acne. (although people like to call their moderate acne "mild", to feel better I suppose). So don't be confused by that. You won't know unless you tried it, but for me I got acne in places I never had it after using the CSR, which I contribute directly to treating my whole face with BP. So be careful in that area.

Umm.. why would it help with moderate acne, but not mild acne when mild is less severe than moderate??

Why not its not like your doing harm to your face, like others the CSR consists of a gentle cleansr BP to fight pimples not just moderate cases, and a moisturizer for your face to stay healthy.

I strongly, *strongly* believe that if you only get a pimple here and there, then there's no sense in a harsh skin regimen. Using that much BP can be harsh for the skin. Why use that much of a topical when you have such a small problem? Why run the risk of changing your skin and what it's used to when you only get 2-4 spots?

Not to mention, I've read several topics started by people who began the CSR with very mild acne and they regret it because the redness or the breakouts they begin to get are worse than when they started and their skin texture changes. If it were moderate, or not quite so mild then sure, I'd recommend the CSR. But I don't recommend throwing a ton of BP on an almost entirely clear face.

I strongly, *strongly* believe that if you only get a pimple here and there, then there's no sense in a harsh skin regimen. Using that much BP can be harsh for the skin. Why use that much of a topical when you have such a small problem? Why run the risk of changing your skin and what it's used to when you only get 2-4 spots?

Not to mention, I've read several topics started by people who began the CSR with very mild acne and they regret it because the redness or the breakouts they begin to get are worse than when they started and their skin texture changes. If it were moderate, or not quite so mild then sure, I'd recommend the CSR. But I don't recommend throwing a ton of BP on an almost entirely clear face.

Then why do people continue when there skin is fine? I know you'll say you there is no cure, but the person struggling with a few pimples also finds the need to solve that problem. It's still just as annoying to someone with a few pimples.

Although I understand what you mean by alot of BP, but whats so harsh about the CSR, again its just a mild cleanser, the bp can be used less frequently and moisturize your skin. Also you can't say DANS face is problematic, I think he has the clearest skin and I too wondered why he puts BP on at first.

I think it's for everyone personally, that gets facial pimples.

But I do respect your opinion of course.

Dan needs to keep up with the Regimen to keep clear, from the way the original poster described their problem, they're already almost entirely clear. 2-4 pimples just isn't "acne" to me. It's a couple blemishes. Annoying, yes, but not worth slathering your face in strong topicals. I'd spot treat them. I just see no sense in beginning a regimen using loads of BP on skin that's already almost clear without it. For example, I never breakout on my forehead. So why in the world would I want to apply BP or any other topical to my forehead when I have never get acne there? I stopped doing that completely.

Less is more, IMO, if you can get away with less. The original poster sounds like they could get away with less.

That's my .05 cents.

Dan needs to keep up with the Regimen to keep clear, from the way the original poster described their problem, they're already almost entirely clear. 2-4 pimples just isn't "acne" to me. It's a couple blemishes. Annoying, yes, but not worth slathering your face in strong topicals. I'd spot treat them. I just see no sense in beginning a regimen using loads of BP on skin that's already almost clear without it. For example, I never breakout on my forehead. So why in the world would I want to apply BP to my forehead when I have no acne there? I stopped doing that completely.

Less is more, IMO, if you can get away with less. The original poster sounds like they could get away with less.

BP can be harsh to skin. Some can apply it and never have a problem, for others, their skin is too sensitive. Why use it all over if you don't have to?

Well if the two or 3 pimples travel and are not always in the same spot. not everyone always gets it on there cheek, I too have a pimple on forehead which can go away and appear on cheek.

I'd still spot treat. It's just my opinion, but 2 or 3 pimples wouldn't bother me unless they were cyst-like or painful. At this point in my life, I can deal with having a couple of spots. And it's my opinion that people should consider the kind of acne they have before beginning to use topical creams on their whole face. If their skin is too sensitive, the cream too harsh for them, their skin's reaction will end up being worse than those 2-3 spots.

If you occasionally get 2-3 spots, I agree - just spot treat. However, if you have 2-3 all the time, they just appear in different places, a mild version of the CSR might work to keep them from popping up in the first place. Sometimes just to cleanse, tone, moisturize daily for a month or two helps and you won't have to worry about the dryness/flaking of the CSR. Personally, I'm looking forward to the flaking so my scars will fade LOL :lol:

Well i only get spots around my nose area so i wouldn't be putting bp all over my face that would just be stupid i think :)

I've read that you can get really dry, red and irritated skin from using bp, so thats why im hesitated to start the regimen... but as i haven't found anything else to prevent my small breakouts... I might try it out because im tired of this, even if its just a few spots now and then.

anyways thanks for the replys!

Umm.. why would it help with moderate acne, but not mild acne when mild is less severe than moderate??

About 5 people answered this question above.

If you occasionally get 2-3 spots, I agree - just spot treat. However, if you have 2-3 all the time, they just appear in different places, a mild version of the CSR might work to keep them from popping up in the first place. Sometimes just to cleanse, tone, moisturize daily for a month or two helps and you won't have to worry about the dryness/flaking of the CSR. Personally, I'm looking forward to the flaking so my scars will fade LOL :lol:

I still can't understand why one wouldn't be able to use or be wise by using the bp, regardless of condition, pimples are pimples. If yes someone has stress related acne then he/she will always have a few here and there. Why not treat it with BP, again it can't do harm, maybe dry you up but that doesn't stop anyone even with the most complicated situation, it's part of the regime.

I'd still spot treat. It's just my opinion, but 2 or 3 pimples wouldn't bother me unless they were cyst-like or painful. At this point in my life, I can deal with having a couple of spots. And it's my opinion that people should consider the kind of acne they have before beginning to use topical creams on their whole face. If their skin is too sensitive, the cream too harsh for them, their skin's reaction will end up being worse than those 2-3 spots.

BUT

The fact that the pimples can be at different spots on the face means that when it goes away there will be marks left while another active pimple is somewhere else, eventually alot of marks from different pimples, is nthis not a candidate for bp, so less pimples means less marks?