Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

pretty much. i like it a lot, but cetaphil works equally well for way less money.

i have SO many philosophy products lying around. i've had good results with their products, but the regimen still works better than anything else i've ever tried.

pretty much. i like it a lot, but cetaphil works equally well for way less money.

i have SO many philosophy products lying around. i've had good results with their products, but the regimen still works better than anything else i've ever tried.

hmmm yeah, thought so. What do you think of Hope in a Jar?

it's a very good basic moisturizer. that being said, that's about all it is. i didn't like the fact that it had no SPF in it, and the shelter sunblock is alright, but expenisve and i don't like using a separate sunscreen over moisturizer, unless i know i'm going to be in the sun for quite some time. i currently use a store-brand of olay's complete moisturizer for sensitive skin (broad spectrum spf 15), it costs me $2.47 and works just as well as hope in a jar.

hope that was helpful.

best philosophy products = the microdelivery (<3), purity made simple, on a clear day blemish serum (<3, i wish i could use this along with bp, oh well) and hope and a prayer.

worst = on a clear day super wash, a pigment of your imagination (it burned my skin litterally), save me, the greatest love (aka painful breakouts in a bottle), and the great mystery.

i could give you my imput on others that i've used, but that's a pretty good list of my favorites and least favorites.

it's a very good basic moisturizer. that being said, that's about all it is. i didn't like the fact that it had no SPF in it, and the shelter sunblock is alright, but expenisve and i don't like using a separate sunscreen over moisturizer, unless i know i'm going to be in the sun for quite some time. i currently use a store-brand of olay's complete moisturizer for sensitive skin (broad spectrum spf 15), it costs me $2.47 and works just as well as hope in a jar.

hope that was helpful.

best philosophy products = the microdelivery (<3), purity made simple, on a clear day blemish serum (<3, i wish i could use this along with bp, oh well) and hope and a prayer.

worst = on a clear day super wash, a pigment of your imagination (it burned my skin litterally), save me, the greatest love (aka painful breakouts in a bottle), and the great mystery.

i could give you my imput on others that i've used, but that's a pretty good list of my favorites and least favorites.

I'm glad I didn't shell out all that cash for the exfoliate kit or hope in a jar. Tell me about hope and a prayer. What 's that do?

hope and a prayer is basically a topical vitamin c powder (i think it's 100% vitamin c potency) that you can mix into moisturizer etc, and it actually helped with my acne/skintone issues. i'm not sure what how it would work on the regimen though. and i'm convinced there has to be another pure vitamin c powder for topical application at a better price though, i mean it's 35$ for a quarter of an ounce.

p.s. i got curious and found high potency (99.4%) topical vitamin c powder for approximately 6$/1.8 ounces, on www.makingcosmetics.com. MUCH better, however like i said, i'm not sure how it would react with the regimen. i think i'll ask around and if it wouldn't be too irritating or react with the bp, i'll order some. :)

p.s. i got curious and found high potency (99.4%) topical vitamin c powder for approximately 6$/1.8 ounces, on www.makingcosmetics.com. MUCH better, however like i said, i'm not sure how it would react with the regimen. i think i'll ask around and if it wouldn't be too irritating or react with the bp, i'll order some. :)

I've been curious about vitamin C. I think on Paula Begoun's site she says that vitamin C and vitamin K actually do a whole lot of nothing applied topically. And that vitamin E can actually slow the healing of scars. But if you can heal a scar, it isn't really a scar now is it? I dunno. But it works for you? I got my mom one of those Philosophy Jump Starters kits. I think it had Hope and a Prayer in it. I'll have to ask if she's used it. Albeit, her skin problems and mine aren't exactly the same.

actually i have.

that being said, i hate the face wash in it, i LOVE the blemish serum, the h2o2 cream is okay, and the protection cream is okay (i used to LOVE it a few years ago though).

i couldn't use all of it together though, the h2o2 cream does not absorb well into my skin if used in combination with ANY other product.