Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ThereIsHope

how perfect was your skin after tane??

Guest ThereIsHope

on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best, like a model's complexion) , how great was your skin after tane? And if so, is it still that great???

I would have to say 9/10...it's gotten better every day since 1 1/2 yrs ago.

I mean no offense, but why do you still come to the acne boards if you are clear?

I would have to say 9/10...it's gotten better every day since 1 1/2 yrs ago.

I mean no offense, but why do you still come to the acne boards if you are clear?

so he can help people like us.

As far as clearness - 10. However with all my red marks and scarring i would never call it a model's complexion.

Same here.

Guest ThereIsHope

Wow...........what about blackheads? Did you have ANY blackheads after tane???

Wow...........what about blackheads? Did you have ANY blackheads after tane???

I did. But only one. Acually i still have it. But it's insignificant, cuz others may not notice it, since it's at the corner of my sides, a bit below the forhead. I admit I wasn't pleased when i first discovered it, but gradually it fades away on its own, so i won't stress too much over it. Btw, ever since i finished my course of treatment i have been clear off acne (thank god). And i would classify my condition (and based on the scale you've provided) a 9/10. However there are some red marks i still have to endure, and which makes it the only thing that prevents me from having absolute contentness with my skin. But, these marks are (thankfully) fading away on its own.

I know this acne and it's effects take some time and it is a pain in the butt. In fact, it affects everything in your life, from self-esteem issues to making you depressed. But believe me there is a way to fight this and accutane has proven to me that anyone can beat the odds and challenge certain obstacles in life. And about the results, honestly, i can't complain. :dance::whistle:

Guest ThereIsHope

Gasp! NO blackheads?!?! Not even one?

I'm using differin and duac at the moment and my entire face is still plauged with blackheads. I swear there isn't a square centimeter where there isn't a blackhead. :(

You think since the differin is bringing everything to the surface accutane will push it all out quicker??? I hope so.......

Gasp! NO blackheads?!?! Not even one?

I'm using differin and duac at the moment and my entire face is still plauged with blackheads. I swear there isn't a square centimeter where there isn't a blackhead. :(

You think since the differin is bringing everything to the surface accutane will push it all out quicker??? I hope so.......

it doesn't matter, accutane will push it out quickly anyway. the first few weeks blackheads i didn't even know I had were being pushed out of my skin.

Oh, and in answer to the question, I'd say my skin was a 7/10. 3 points taken off because of the red marks, clogged/large pores & the remaining 1 or 2 pimples.