Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StrLight

is Benzoyl Peroxide for me?

hi guys 1st post :dance:

im 15 years old and have been suffering from acne for a few years now, just recently i went to the doctor for the 1st time about it and she gave me dalacin t topical lotion. ive been using it for nearly 2 weeks and it was working at 1st but i think its effect has stopped :( so im thinking of getting BP gel after reading alot of reviews.. here is my regimen atm

wash face with clean and clear oil free exfoilating face wash with micro beeds to unblock pores

then apply t-zone daily skin balancing moisturiser

but after school i do the face wash and apply the dalacin. my skin is oily if anything so here are pictures of my right cheek which is the worse, should i try the bp gel?[attachmentid=6173] [attachmentid=6174]

post-47877-1159735946_thumb.jpg

post-47877-1159735962_thumb.jpg

post-47877-1159735946_thumb.jpg

post-47877-1159735962_thumb.jpg

i definately recommend csr for your skin, but your current regimen may work as well. you have not given it enough time (i recommend at least 2 months for most regimens unless you are having some sort of allergic reaction). I dont have any experience with dalacin t topical lotion and dont know if it causes an initial breakout, but most products do so that may be what you are undergoing right now. i dont know anything about that topical, but i do know that csr works for me VERY well and recommend to most people. if you do decide to do csr you must give it at least 2 months...some people go 3 months before they see any results (really lucky people see permanent results in as little as 3 or 4 weeks...for me it took 6 weeks for significant results). anway...good luck with whatever you choose.

ps if you do decide to do csr i suggest to you find compliant face cleanser and moisturizer:)

thanks for the feedback, ill order dans bp gel but ill still use the dalacin for a few weeks then start on csr

Yeah BP should work just fine on your acne. I'd say yours is somewhere between mild and moderate, but closer to mild, which is ideal for the CSR/BP.