Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndOceans109

how to avoid eye irritation?

whenever i wake up in the morning, the bp is pretty much always ended up in/too close to my eyes and they're irritated bad. any tips to avoid this? i put it as far away as i can from my eyes, can't put it any further away. and i get severe tension headaches, so i cant just sleep on my back and/or worry about sleeping position because it makes them much worse..thx guys

After washing your face, pat mostly dry and apply eye cream (obviously one that doesn't irritate your eyes). This seems to create a barrier between your eyes and the bp. It works for me anyway. It also helps prevent those unsightly "wrinkles" that seem to occur with bp use.

idk what that is but i'll look for it and try it..i usually only do the reg at night, but i did it today...did it this morning, and early evening it started irritating my eyes. and i didnt even put it near or anything, or touch it! idk what's going on. its getting absorbed that well in my skin that its reaching my eyes? nice

I agree that you should find an eye cream at the drugstore (doesn't have to be anything fancy, and use this in your eye area. Apply it before you apply the BP to the rest of your face. This works well.

I agree that you should find an eye cream at the drugstore (doesn't have to be anything fancy, and use this in your eye area. Apply it before you apply the BP to the rest of your face. This works well.

cutest avatar ever

I just use a plain vitamin E cream around my eyes. Works like a charm! You can find a cheap tub of one in a drugstore, doesn't need to be expensive, just nice and thick and soothing. Don't apply it anywhere besides the skin around your eyes, though, as it will be comedogenic, and don't get it in your eyes!

Also make sure the bp and moisturizer are totally dry. A couple weeks ago I barely touched my face and then touched my shirt and got a slight bleach stain on the shirt. It was during the day and it was warm, so I think my skin was slightly "damp." However, at night when I sleep on my stomach, my pillow case is ok, no bleach stains. That's the only thing I can figure is that the bp should be really seeped in and absorbed to avoid transferring to the pillow/then to your eyes.

I wear contacts and don't need any kind of eye irritation either. I've got some pure lanolin which is nice and thick. Would that be okay to use ya think?

I wear contacts and don't need any kind of eye irritation either. I've got some pure lanolin which is nice and thick. Would that be okay to use ya think?

Yup. As long as you're careful to just keep it in the eye area. That's why I like using eye cream, if it gets smudged below my eye it doesn't really matter.

I just use a plain vitamin E cream around my eyes. Works like a charm! You can find a cheap tub of one in a drugstore, doesn't need to be expensive, just nice and thick and soothing. Don't apply it anywhere besides the skin around your eyes, though, as it will be comedogenic, and don't get it in your eyes!

wouldnt it bother your eyes as well? lol. what is eye cream exactly, where in the store is it by? also where can ya get jojoba oil? even if i put it on during the day, not even close to my eyes, it still seems to eventually irritate them..thx