Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
michelle3

laser skin resurfacing (TNS serum)

I am very excited because I am finishing up a series of photodynamic laser treatments that have almost completley cleared up my acne (( I am 24 and have tried everything from blue light to obaji to accutane and the photodynamic laser is the first thing that has actually worked. )) and I am preparing for a co2 laser treatment for scarring.

However I have heard that some people use the erbium laser for scars and I was wondering if anyone on the forum knew which is better? I have bad icepick scars on one side of my face and I am not sure if even two co2 treatments or two erbium treatments will completely clear my scarring.

**Another thing I have tried that does improve acne scars is a serum called TNS serum. It definitely improves collagen production and plumps up your skin. It has made a noticeable difference in my scars which I find impressive for a topical lotion. **

Hi Michelle,

When I was looking into which kind of laser to use, I did a lot of research on the internet. I came across this article and it did clear up a few questions.

http://www.skintherapyletter.com/2004/9.1/2.html

As for me, I got Erbium:Yag resurfacing done about two weeks ago. It's hard to tell if the results will be good or not when the skin is pinkish/red. The test area I did first does show improvement. A small indent from a former eyebrow piercing is still visible. My personal advice is don't get discouraged over initial results. When I did it, after the scabs fell off, my skin looked visibly worse than it ever did. Little by little there have been improvements. I'm still considering TCA CROSS for deeper scars laser could not erase, but I am happy with the results I'm getting from laser. Good Luck and keep us updated!!

Eddie

Hi Michelle,

When I was looking into which kind of laser to use, I did a lot of research on the internet. I came across this article and it did clear up a few questions.

http://www.skintherapyletter.com/2004/9.1/2.html

As for me, I got Erbium:Yag resurfacing done about two weeks ago. It's hard to tell if the results will be good or not when the skin is pinkish/red. The test area I did first does show improvement. A small indent from a former eyebrow piercing is still visible. My personal advice is don't get discouraged over initial results. When I did it, after the scabs fell off, my skin looked visibly worse than it ever did. Little by little there have been improvements. I'm still considering TCA CROSS for deeper scars laser could not erase, but I am happy with the results I'm getting from laser. Good Luck and keep us updated!!

Eddie

thank you for your reply. I am having trouble accessing the website I think something is wrong with my computer. I am trying not to get my hopes up too high because you're probably right about it looking worse initially.Good luck with the TCA Cross!

I in no way wish to dampen your spirits, but can i suggest using the search function and searching C02 Iaser. Just that many peopIe here (incIuding myseIf) have negative experiences with c02. As for Erbium:Yag i have no experience of, so cannot comment, but wouId be worth searching on that aIso.

I am happy for you that you are aImost cIear of acne, good Iuck with getting 100% cIear. :D

I am very excited because I am finishing up a series of photodynamic laser treatments that have almost completley cleared up my acne (( I am 24 and have tried everything from blue light to obaji to accutane and the photodynamic laser is the first thing that has actually worked. )) and I am preparing for a co2 laser treatment for scarring.

However I have heard that some people use the erbium laser for scars and I was wondering if anyone on the forum knew which is better? I have bad icepick scars on one side of my face and I am not sure if even two co2 treatments or two erbium treatments will completely clear my scarring.

**Another thing I have tried that does improve acne scars is a serum called TNS serum. It definitely improves collagen production and plumps up your skin. It has made a noticeable difference in my scars which I find impressive for a topical lotion. **

Really!! I have the stuff. I thought it was an anti-aging topical. The Skin Medica Brand?? Is that what yours is. All I know is it smells bad at first :lol:

It broke me out, so I stopped with it. But maybe if used only on the scars.......

What types of scars did it work on for you? What did it do for them?

Anyway CO2 did nothing for me. With Erbium they can control the depth, feather scars to blend in more, I had 2 quite deep ones and now following up with the Erbium "micropeels" for the few shallow ones left.

Hope that helps, let me know re the TNS if you can.

Thanks! :D

Your right about TNS being good for anti aging. It is supposed to increase the collagen and I had very deep icepick scars before using it and now they are moderate but it could have been in combination with the PDL that the collagen increased.

That is so disappointing that co2 did not work for you. I'm glad it sounds like erbium is working well for you. Are you happy with the results so far? That must be exciting to be almost finished clearing up your scars!

Also, I think mine was nouri-cell md I'm not sure if it was skin medica though it cost 130 dollars and I purchased it at my cosmetic dermatologist's office. I used up the whole bottle but I need to get some more.

Well co2 only goes one depth. So your skin and scars are at the same level after the laser. Erbium, they can control it to go deeper where needed, and really work on the scarring.

Here they are getting out of the deeper stuff and trying more less invasive lasers like Fraxel, and the microlaser peels with the lighter Erbium. Maybe you could look into a series of these, like one erbium I had

some time ago, took like almost 6 months for the redness to fade in some areas. It was worth it in the end, but I think I would have rather had like 4-5 of the lighter ones over a year or so. Fraxel may work for you too, my best suggestion is get lots of opinions from derms(laser ones) and plastic surgeons, and then decide what you think is best for you and your skin tone. I am very fair, so hyperpigmentation was not an issue, downtime now is, (I don't wan't to hide for months at a time). A week every 2-3 months is OK.

Yes I think mine was over $200.00 I bought from a derm as well. Maybe after my microlaser I will use it on the more deeper spots. :)