Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smoothbeamin

LASTING RESULTS WITH ACCUTANE?

I used accutane 40 mg once daily 6 months, clear as a bell! not one little bump! after 3 months though...boom! little red bump shows up and in a matter of weeks to a month his friends joined the party! after 6 months to a year I had acne just as bad as it was! I don't wanna risk my liver for a few months of clarity, when i can get similar results with antibiotics and topicals used in a barrage ...lend your thoughts..

Smoothbeamin... :cool:

I used accutane 40 mg once daily 6 months, clear as a bell! not one little bump! after 3 months though...boom! little red bump shows up and in a matter of weeks to a month his friends joined the party! after 6 months to a year I had acne just as bad as it was! I don't wanna risk my liver for a few months of clarity, when i can get similar results with antibiotics and topicals used in a barrage ...lend your thoughts..

the 2 people i know who took accutane took it years ago and are still clear (they were both 16 when they took it now one's 20 and one's 22.) some people just need more than one course or some kind of topical maintenance. if you didn't have problems during your firast course you should be fine during a second course.

I can understand your concern with the liver damage but in reality the odds of liver damage when you use this drug properly is not very likely. This is, of course provided you're living a healthy lifestyle and taking this drug as it was intended. The issues concerning liver damage and depression are real, yes, but have been blown entirely out of proportion. The one problem associated with this drug that has not be blown out of proportion is the birth defects associated with it. As long as you're using the required two forms of BC or abstaining, chances are you will only deal with some mild side effects.