Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris369

Is this ok?

Im kinda following the CSR but using different products and sometimes i dont moisturise. Just wanna add that my acne isnt that bad but its worse than i would like it to be. I get red pimples on my cheeks and they sometimes develop into whiteheads which i have resisted popping! (used to pop them all the time :/ )

In the morning i use either a tea tree foam wash or witch hazel exfoiliating face wash in the shower. Then i put on my BP (Oxy on the spot - 2.5%) all over my cheeks and chin (effected areas). If my skin looks dry after say 15 minutes i will put on some moisturiser (niviea for men, is that ok?!) but this is only normally once or twice a week.

At night i wash my face with just water and then re-apply the BP to the same areas.

Recently i have started putting BP on when i get home from work too, so thats 3 applications most days ... is that going to do more harm tham good? My skin doesnt seem to get that dry as a result so ive carried on with it.

So along with the questions in the above, what i want to know is, will this have the same effect to the CSR? Is the moisturiser everyday a requirement for it to work or is it just to stop your skin from drying?

Thanks for any help.

Well, you're not really doing the CSR, but how is your system working for you? If you're getting good results, then there's no reason to change what you're doing. If it's not working for you, then you might want to consider sticking to the CSR a bit more.