Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DontWantToFeelUgly

UK Proactive: ingredients differ!! why?

Hi guys,

Well here in the UK we have just started having our cable TV channels filled with proactiv adverts. As far as I'm aware, this is first time there has been a UK based proactiv company.

Anyway, I noticed on the UK proactiv website (and the adverts) that the UK proactiv has different ingredients to the USA proactiv; The UK one does not have BP in it but SA instead. Also the toner and treatment cream differs in ingredients as well.

Does anyone know why this is???

I have tried emailing them but have had no response so far! I might try calling them instead.

To be honest, I am actually pleased because my skin cannot tolerate BP (hence why I have never done the regimen on here), so in theory a SA equivalent would be great.

Anyway, if anyone can shed any light on this I would be grateful!! I would like to know more about these products before I spend £40 on them.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Well here in the UK we have just started having our cable TV channels filled with proactiv adverts. As far as I'm aware, this is first time there has been a UK based proactiv company.

Anyway, I noticed on the UK proactiv website (and the adverts) that the UK proactiv has different ingredients to the USA proactiv; The UK one does not have BP in it but SA instead. Also the toner and treatment cream differs in ingredients as well.

Does anyone know why this is???

I have tried emailing them but have had no response so far! I might try calling them instead.

To be honest, I am actually pleased because my skin cannot tolerate BP (hence why I have never done the regimen on here), so in theory a SA equivalent would be great.

Anyway, if anyone can shed any light on this I would be grateful!! I would like to know more about these products before I spend £40 on them.

Thanks!

hey

yeah the products do differ. i was using the usa products for a while until i found about the uk version and gave it a go but didnt find it very good! i was told by email that the difference is something to do with what ingrediants uk products are allowed to include but i thought that was bs really as other products have bp in them. not sure why there would be a difference. anyway like i said i found the usa verison heaps better but i guess its different for everyone!