Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
girl_in_progress

Emergency!!! Can someone HELP???!!!

I don't know what happened but Friday night when I was going to turn in and wash up--I noticed my skin was awfully red. I'm not sure if it was something that I ate or was it the iron supplements that I was taking but my skin had these red flakes near my eyes and each pore seemed to have turned red. It looks like a sunburn or a rash that isn't itchy. It's all over my t-zone except for my chin. To make a long story short I don't know what to do and I'm in a panic. I've been trying to get an appointment with a derm but since it's Sunday all offices are closed. I've been taking Claritin cause I thought it might be an allergy attack. One minute I was fine and the next I'm all red and blotchy for the past 2 days! I have this whole skin regimen to keep my skin clear and I haven't used any new cosmetics so nothing I can see could've have caused this redness. It's scaring me to death cause it's near my eyelids as well and my post acne marks are more red. I don't know what it is...if anyone has had this problem can you please tell me what it is and what to do. Right now I've put hydrocortison on my forehead to see if that helps reduce the redness. Any help will be appreciated!!! :cry:

is it really rough like sand paper? that happened to me before when i washed with this sulfur wash. it went away in about a week.

No, it's not like sand paper and it's not bumpy. I haven't used anything different on my skin. My skin looks like it has a sunburn with red flakes. It's worse on the lefy side of my face. It looks like a skin rash or some kind of irritation. I don't know what it is. It doesn't burn and it doesn't itch--it's just there. I hope a derm can tell me what it is but for now it's too embarrassing for me to go to work :cry:

Has there been an extreme change in weather? I live in Chicago, and when it's cold here, the air/wind is super dry and makes my face extremely red and dry, and I see red marks that I didn't even think I had. Also, have you been using a strong facial mask or prescription cream? If I overdo both of these, i get the same reaction.