Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Golthie

Starting CSR today...

Hey, I am starting the regimen today. My skin's been going downhill since July and I am SICK of it. I have two little boys that I stay at home with and work part-time (basically whenever I have time - I make my own hours). I want my boys to have a mom with clear skin!!!!!!! and I want to be able to talk to people without worrying about my face. My husband doesn't know I'm doing this. He's a teacher, very busy, hardly home and he'd be uncomfortable if I tried to talk to him about my skin. SO....I am going to be here a lot, reading, and probably looking for support LOL. We live in Florida and are making trip to our hometown in NC in 3 weeks. I want to have MUCH better skin by then, even if it's not totally clear. Anyway, thanks for reading. I will try to post pics soon; wouldn't work today for some reason.

i dont want to discourage you, because csr is the best thing ive ever done for my skin...but you might be in the middle of an initial breakout in 3 weeks when you go to nc. if you're lucky tho you might be starting to clear up by then. either way, csr like most acne solutions, requires time and persistence. if you are not clear right away, give it some time. It took me about 6 weeks before i had significant progress, but by month 2 i was VERY clear. it has been 6 months and this past week i just got my first pimple since the 3 month mark. it is a small hairline pimple that i suspect is a result of changing conditioners. good luck and stick with it!

i think by 3weeks your skin should look better!

it will no doubt clear up within the first few days but might go a bit downhil after that

i know after 3weeks i looked good an then went downhil after about a month and a half

hang in there im SURE you wil be clear for your trip!

post if you want a e-hug or something!

Much love from me an all .org staff

ps brandy :wub: is our resident "Clear skin regimen Assistant" and she is AWESOME at her job here so if you want help make a thread with FAO brandy or something an she wil be right on it as will i.

x

Thanks everyone for your replies! I am prepared for breakouts, even if it's on the trip, no biggie cause my mom and especially my twin sis will be SO supportive. I will keep ya'll updated!! :)

btw...i started my regimen with cvs cetaphil cleanser, cvs on the spot and cetaphil moisturizer (very similar to yours). i still use the cleanser, but i changed to dan's csr gel (mostly for price purposes bc the cvs stuff worked fine--after changing i realized dan's stuff is smoother, but if i had never tried dan's stuff the cvs stuff would be fine) and i went thru many moisturizers and am still not perfectly content with my moisturizer. anyway, i just wanted to commend you on your good choice of products (cleanser and bp anyway:) again good luck!!!

I do like the cleanser - I don't care if it doesn't "lather" like some of the others have said. I use Everyday Minerals makeup and it takes everything off just fine. I'm still searching for the perfect moisturizer too. My makeup likes the Dove and I picked up the aloe vera gel at CVS just to try. I used it last night and although I had to put on A LOT to take away the dryness, it did reduce redness quite a bit so I think I'll keep using it. My CVS did have the lac hydrin5, but it is $12!!!!! Maybe by the time by Dove runs out, someone will have discovered the perfect moisturizer ;)