Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lockdown20

what moisturizer to use with retin-a micro?

I just started on retin-a micro, every other day. Last night was only the second time I used it, this morning I have lots of flakiness. I expected this, but I need a good moisturizer to help keep it to a minimum. I use cetaphil now, my derm recommended it, but it is way to greasy to wear under my make up during the day.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I just started on retin-a micro, every other day. Last night was only the second time I used it, this morning I have lots of flakiness. I expected this, but I need a good moisturizer to help keep it to a minimum. I use cetaphil now, my derm recommended it, but it is way to greasy to wear under my make up during the day.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I like Olay Complete Moisturizer light and greasy. It also has a sunscreen in it as well so thats always good. They have a few different ones you can choose from to match your skin type--I get the combo skin. I use that during the day because I wear makeup and then at night I use Cetaphil. I have seemes to like this routine the best. I also use Retin-A-Micro.

I wear Clinique Dramatically different moisturizing GEL. Don't use the lotion b/c it's not oil free. When I'm especially dry I put a teeny bit of Clinique Extreme moisture surge gel over the other one. It absorbs pretty fast and it doesn't look greasy.

I personally wouldn't since a lot of them contain salycic acid. I would just go with something really gentle. I'm not in the flakey stage of my retinoids yet, so I could be wrong on that.

My derm just told me to be extra gentle.

I spoke with a friend today who is also a pharmacist. He said that cetaphil is crap, and suggested two products donell correction cream or catrix 5. Both are expensive, about $34 to $40 but, he says that they will greatly reduce the redness, irritation, itching and dryness that you get with those first few weeks of retin-a. I just ordered some tonight. I will report back with results! He also says they are great for accutane users.