Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just started doing the 3 step process by proactive. I dont have severe acne- a few bumps here and there is about it, but I am becoming more and more aware of it. Well, I started it a few days ago, but my acne is even more noticeable now. I have heard that when starting proactive the first time, it takes a week or so before it can start clearing up zits. Is this true?

Guest been13years

It could be the initial breakout from trying a new treatment...or if you have sensitive skin, the combination of scrub + glycolic acid + benzoyl peroxide could be irritating you. Be sure to wash with lukewarm water and wait 10-20 minutes in between the next step of the regimen. Give it a try for a couple of months and if it doesn't help, cancel your subscription and do the CSR or go to your dermatologist.

I just started doing the 3 step process by proactive. I dont have severe acne- a few bumps here and there is about it, but I am becoming more and more aware of it. Well, I started it a few days ago, but my acne is even more noticeable now. I have heard that when starting proactive the first time, it takes a week or so before it can start clearing up zits. Is this true?

I was very excited to try proactive u have no idea... and all I got is major disappointment and even worse wasted a lot of money that I coulda spent on something useful! I got 2 other friends who tried using it and they all just breakout more! The derm.will tell you u break out more from any therapy but that's just in the beginning and with Proactive all 3 of us kept breaking out more! I can't say for them but I used it like it by the manual for 2 months, my acne hadn't change for hte better, the ones I had didn't even go away any faster... it was a COMPLETE waste of money to me..

To tell u the truth natural products seem to work much better for me.. try drinkin a lot of green tea everyday and using honey mixed with a little sugar for a peeling effect and it's antibacterial...

Ok. Yeah I dont know if buying proactive was the best idea... my mom sortve just surprised me with it. I guess I'll try it for a little while and if it doesnt give results, then I'll try something new.