Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alphabetic

Facial moles

Apologies, as this is also in the scar forum, but thought I'd post here to elicit more response. Anyway, has anyone experienced facial (flat) mole removal - purely for cosmetic reasons? If so, from your experience, what are the techniques, costs and any negative outcomes re. scarring etc. to help eliminate moles from the face? Thought I'd consult here before paying $$$ to simply enquire with my derm. Cheers.

Apologies, as this is also in the scar forum, but thought I'd post here to elicit more response. Anyway, has anyone experienced facial (flat) mole removal - purely for cosmetic reasons? If so, from your experience, what are the techniques, costs and any negative outcomes re. scarring etc. to help eliminate moles from the face? Thought I'd consult here before paying $$$ to simply enquire with my derm. Cheers.

I'm prone to those small flat moles. I stay away from getting too tanned because tiny ones form on my arms. I had two small ones on my face one on my cheekbone and another in the same spot Cindy Crawford has hers only mine is flat. Even a few years ago they really bothered me. So I decided to have the one on my cheekbone removed. I regret it today. It left a scar, nothing too deep but the scar is there and shines in outdoor light if I dont matte it with concealer. The cost for one was about 150$ or 200$ I think. It was done by a plastic surgean my doctor sent me to. As for the treatment they inject a local anesthetic around the area where the mole is, slice it off then stitch it up.

I hope that helped

Kaya

Yeah, it will most likely leave a scar if you ger a mole removed.... I really guess it depends where and how big though.... of course ask the derm but

I had a mole on my nose, about the size of this: "o" on the upper side of my nose. I got it "removed" when I was younger, ha- because my mom wanted me to?! When it was "removed" it wasn't 100% taken away, but after it was lighter and a bit smaller in size, and less noticeable.

anyways, I think moles can be very endearing, why don't you like 'em?!

I have a mole on my face, a little under my right eye about this "O" big, I'm thinking about getting it removed but I'm worried about what the scar would look like. How painful is the local anesthetic on your face?