Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cain

I finally got my pictures tell me what i got and how bad and what to do.

i think your long hair's making it worse, try gettin a hair cut.Your acne is mild, moderate at MOST, maybe u could try using a gentle cleanser and bp, with a moisturser that contains AHA to help improve the red marks

I am not getting a hair cut sorry. Its the bully club thing. I use Dawn Soap luqiud which is what my hair dresser told me to use to get the oil out. and it works. Any more advice ?

it makes your hair unhealthy to be w/o oil. and dawn is probably terriable on your hair and scalp.

I am not getting a hair cut sorry. Its the bully club thing. I use Dawn Soap luqiud which is what my hair dresser told me to use to get the oil out. and it works. Any more advice ?

Eating Low Gi Foods have helped me a lot, what way not work for some may work for another :shifty: so just puttin that out there if it works for u ;)

Eating low Gi foods prevent sugar spikes that make all sort of crap in ur body worse ie. acne - give it a shot uve nothing to loose, except a bit of weight and better health in long term :)

Eating Low Gi Foods have helped me a lot, what way not work for some may work for another :shifty: so just puttin that out there if it works for u ;)

Eating low Gi foods prevent sugar spikes that make all sort of crap in ur body worse ie. acne - give it a shot uve nothing to loose, except a bit of weight and better health in long term :)

what are GI foods

Its foods that dont cause spikes in blood sugar ie. most fruits, veg, lean meats...

the whole idea is to balance protein with low carb foods. Its difficult to explain do a quick "glycemic index" search on google to bring it up ;)

i would get that big black thing over your eye checked out, it looks serious...j/k

it's not so bad. i think bp may work for you, if it doesn't an antibiotic most likely will.

Hey, I like your Sora avatar :D

So anyways, DAWN, IN YOUR HAIR?! That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life. If your hairdresser told you to do that, is he mentally retarded by any chance?

Use SHAMPOO. It's for hair. Use a good clarifying shampoo, that will get all of the build up out of your hair, and it won't fry your hair to hell and back like Dawn will since it's for WASHING DISHES. Dear god.

You don't have to cut your hair, but at least style it differently to where you don't have those super long hairs on the side. Put them behind your ears or something.

I'd say your acne is moderate.

You should definitely stop using Dawn detergent. In fact avoid any shampoo that has Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in it. Get an SLS free shampoo like the ones from Aubrey organics. SLS causes acne and canker sores in the mouth (in toothpaste).

If I were you I would use the water only technique. Just wash once a day with warm water. No wash cloth. No soap.

I used BP for 10 yrs and I went from having mild acne in my teens and twenties... to having moderate/severe and I'm 35 yrs old. I'm the only one in my large family who ever used topical acne products and guess what? I'm the only adult with acne.

You want your skin to not be irritated and BP will irritate it, so will SA. If I had it to do all over again I'd never use any acne lotion or gel. And I'd avoid soap or cleansers. Water cleans the face just fine.

I'd suggest washing your hair with Baby Shampoo. Free of skin irritants such as SLS--which causes break outs. And parabens too..

Not to mention its a clarifying shampoo. And if you want an extra bonus for your scalp. After washing your hair, add 1/4 apple cider vinger to balance your scalp. Its great. Helped me! :P

I have been washing my face lately. I was using that other guys Regimen I am going to use it for a month or two. I am washing my face 3 times a day now. 1. In the morning 2. Evening 3. @ night

I don't think it looks all that bad. I would try using BP for a while and see what happens.

And don't overwash your wash....twice per day is the limit! Personally I think splashing your face does the trick just fine; either that or cetaphil.

Shampoos containing SLS doesn't necessarily cause breakouts. I use a shampoo with SLS in it and it makes no difference in my acne, and I'm sure there are many others whose acne is not affected by it. I do, however, go without hairspray or hairgel - anything that would sit too long in my hair and scalp.