Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scylla

Am I the only one with this kind of acne??

I feel like I have really strange acne...like I'm the only one with it. I get large cysts on my chin, but only about one or two at a time. I have one cyst on the side of my nose that remains dormant but comes up 2-3 times a year. Otherwise, the rest of my face is relatively clear (except for small zits, blackheads and oily skin). My skin can go completely crazy for months..and then I can have a month where I am clear, no cysts, nothing. I feel like I'm a mutant when I have somewhat clear skin and then this giant puffy cyst sticking out of my face. I have very fair skin so covering something up like that isn't necessarily possible. And just fyi, I get injections all the time and I just started accutane..

But I guess I would like to know what kind of acne everyone has, so I can get an idea of what's out there...and if anyone has acne like mine, I would LOVE to hear it. I hate feeling like a loner.

HAHA. No Worries their are more people that have this. I have a freind who has these big zits on his chine about 5-7 and then he is clear as a whistle. Don't worry believe me your not the only one their are probably hundreds that have the same thing.

WOW! it sound EXACTLY like my acne!!! i have the exact same problem... i get one nasty huge cyst that stay for a long time, and when it finally clears another one pops up... the rest of my face is clear except for a few minor whiteheads but thats not a big deal... i usually get the cysts on my chin somewhere, but also just beside the nose and in the T-zone between the eyes... in the begining of the summer i got around three huge ones at the same time and i desperatly turned to a doctor for help. right now i have been eating tetracykline for around 3 months and i am 99% clear... but i will stop the tetra soon and start with yasmin bc-pills when i suspect its hormonal. i have felt so lonely about this also, it looks really weird when i have nice skin except a huuuge cyst plantet smack right in the face. i have never met anyone else with this problem. i have seen alot of people with acne but no one with cysts like mine. you are definatly not alone and im glad to hear im not either :) good luck!! HUGS

Yep i get something similar, before starting accutane i didnt take anything as i'd tried most antibiotics already, i just washed my face. Some weeks i'd be clear then others i'd have a few bad days. Even when taking antibiotics i wasnt always clear.

WOW! it sound EXACTLY like my acne!!! i have the exact same problem... i get one nasty huge cyst that stay for a long time, and when it finally clears another one pops up... the rest of my face is clear except for a few minor whiteheads but thats not a big deal... i usually get the cysts on my chin somewhere, but also just beside the nose and in the T-zone between the eyes... in the begining of the summer i got around three huge ones at the same time and i desperatly turned to a doctor for help. right now i have been eating tetracykline for around 3 months and i am 99% clear... but i will stop the tetra soon and start with yasmin bc-pills when i suspect its hormonal. i have felt so lonely about this also, it looks really weird when i have nice skin except a huuuge cyst plantet smack right in the face. i have never met anyone else with this problem. i have seen alot of people with acne but no one with cysts like mine. you are definatly not alone and im glad to hear im not either :) good luck!! HUGS

I think mine is partly hormonal. I was on yasmin for a while and then ortho novum 777 and I was breaking out constantly. My doctor recently switched me to Nuva Ring and said that it will help with hormonal problems and probably help clear my face up. I don't know how much you've looked into different birth controls but I would recommend Nuva Ring. I don't have little zits anymore, only the cysts that pop up now (I'm on accutane, soon they will be gone). AND I completelylost my sex drive on the other BC methods. I've been on it less than a month and already I'm seeing improvements!

And I'm SOOO glad I found someone else with acne like mine. Even if its one or two people it still makes me feel much better. :)

I feel like I have really strange acne...like I'm the only one with it. I get large cysts on my chin, but only about one or two at a time. I have one cyst on the side of my nose that remains dormant but comes up 2-3 times a year. Otherwise, the rest of my face is relatively clear (except for small zits, blackheads and oily skin). My skin can go completely crazy for months..and then I can have a month where I am clear, no cysts, nothing. I feel like I'm a mutant when I have somewhat clear skin and then this giant puffy cyst sticking out of my face. I have very fair skin so covering something up like that isn't necessarily possible. And just fyi, I get injections all the time and I just started accutane..

But I guess I would like to know what kind of acne everyone has, so I can get an idea of what's out there...and if anyone has acne like mine, I would LOVE to hear it. I hate feeling like a loner.

I feel your pain. I've never had nodules/cysts before and now I'm getting them on my chin for some reason. And I have a few whiteheads around my face too, but other than that.. I'm clear. It's frustrating. Before after they've cleared up you just get another one.. or some more painful whiteheads. :confused:

I'm probably the old lady on this board -- I'm 47 -- but I'm reading this because I started having cystic acne on my chin at the age of 40. My breakouts are very similar to yours, and I think they are hormone related. I've always had acne lesions, but not very much of this cyst crap. It's painful and very slow to heal. I've used Benzaclin and minocyclin for four years now and it knocks it down, but doesn't get rid of it. My recommendation is that you get very aggressive with this now -- try accutane now while your skin can take the severe drying. As your skin gets older, the drying becomes much more problematic.

I'm probably the old lady on this board -- I'm 47 -- but I'm reading this because I started having cystic acne on my chin at the age of 40. My breakouts are very similar to yours, and I think they are hormone related. I've always had acne lesions, but not very much of this cyst crap. It's painful and very slow to heal. I've used Benzaclin and minocyclin for four years now and it knocks it down, but doesn't get rid of it. My recommendation is that you get very aggressive with this now -- try accutane now while your skin can take the severe drying. As your skin gets older, the drying becomes much more problematic.

I just started Accutane 9 days ago. I'm already believing this is a miracle drug. Steroid injections have been the only relief from this horrible and weird acne. Maybe someday, I will need them no more :D