Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think that overeating was probably the main cause of my acne breakout. Being a skinny kid my whole life, I wanted to make a change when I turned 19 and started working out a year ago. I went crazy consuming a lot of calories, protein and carbohydrates. I was clear my whole life and I noticed some minor blemishes after a mont h or two but I felt really good about myself. I definitely noticed the results, as did many of my friends and I put on 20 lbs in less than semester at college. I stopped working out after about 6 months and toned downt the eating of course. I've read about overeating carbohydrates and that causing sebum to overproduce and lead to inflammation. And of course, after I broke out so badly I think that brought additional stress and lead to more breakouts. I was wondering if anyone else thinks overeating was a major factor behind their acne. I regret it so bad now - I got so caught up in gaining weight and muscle. I guess I've learned my lesson the hard way.

I think that overeating was probably the main cause of my acne breakout. Being a skinny kid my whole life, I wanted to make a change when I turned 19 and started working out a year ago. I went crazy consuming a lot of calories, protein and carbohydrates. I was clear my whole life and I noticed some minor blemishes after a mont h or two but I felt really good about myself. I definitely noticed the results, as did many of my friends and I put on 20 lbs in less than semester at college. I stopped working out after about 6 months and toned downt the eating of course. I've read about overeating carbohydrates and that causing sebum to overproduce and lead to inflammation. And of course, after I broke out so badly I think that brought additional stress and lead to more breakouts. I was wondering if anyone else thinks overeating was a major factor behind their acne. I regret it so bad now - I got so caught up in gaining weight and muscle. I guess I've learned my lesson the hard way.

It very well could be. Your hormones may have been thrown out of whack from the HUGE change in your diet. When I was bulimic, I never broke out, but when I started eating, my face exploded. I think it's a hormonal thing more than anything, your body is trying to get used to the changes and breaking out can be a pretty normal reaction.

when i was anorexic i barely broke out at all. maybe one zit every few weeks or something. my face exploded after i fixed myself. sigh.

It's the opposite with me.

Usually, I eat one full meal a day (normal serving) with a couple of chips here & there.

But ever since I started eating twice a day, my face has never been better. It's as if the acne bateria is gone.. I still break out here and there, but nothing major.

All I can say is.. everything in moderation people.

Guest been13years

I don't think not eating is a good cure for acne, but I do think shocking your system with a big change (barely eating to eating normal amounts) will temporarily cause breakouts. I used to...well I don't want to say I was anorexic, but I ate about 1000 calories a day and smoked like a chimney. I got really skinny but I felt like crap. And my skin, although I didn't have cysts, looked like newspaper. Once I realized that like Bridget Jones "I'll always be just a little fat" I started eating again and broke out. It's a mystery, but not one to be solved with eating disorders. Hormones suck :(

well yesterday my skin showed absaloutley now signs of any pimles not evan the begining of one. i ate lots of freid chicken yesterday and at least 2 litres of ice cream and a pack of cookies. i was soo full i was sick. today i woke up and i had a huge pimple on my upper cheek just outta no where. could it be...

I always had a great diet and still broke out. I dont honestly believe diet and exercise play any role in acne. If that were true then why dotn large people that overeat have a bunch of zits?

If u are using steroids or other anabolic suppliments that would definately cause u to break out and should be stopped immediately.