Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emmabrown

Retina-A cream-whats it like?

i saw my derm last week, and she inspected my face and said my problem was blackheads and that my skin was very very dry. said this was the best thing for them.

i havent heard of, or used the product before-so i was just wanting some info on what its like and how it worked for you before i use it myself?

it worked pretty well for me. it's a topical retinoid (vit A derivative.) it will unclog all your pores and smooth out your skin. but you have to be patient, it took like 3 months for me to see any results with it and your skin will most likely be red and peely for the first month or so. start using Retin A every other day until your skin gets used to it then use it every night. only use it once a day at night and make sure your skin is completely dry before applying it. make sure you use a moisturizer if your skin becomes flaky. you can moisturize right after applying retin a.

i saw my derm last week, and she inspected my face and said my problem was blackheads and that my skin was very very dry. said this was the best thing for them.

i havent heard of, or used the product before-so i was just wanting some info on what its like and how it worked for you before i use it myself?

I agree with Jordan19. I am currently using it right now and I like the improvement so far. I havent reached month 3 yet so I'm trying to be patient. But like he said--wait 20-30 minutes after washing your face to apply it and then moisturize day and night!

Good Luck!