Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moondog

Good help agaimst Acne

You bet... I am 40 and have had various stages of acne my whole life.

Through my twenties, the use of BP and thorough washing kept serious acne at bay. I did still have a problem with oily skin, however. Later it mostly cleared up and no regimen was needed.

Recently after a stressful period and the use of antibiotics after a root canal, I experienced a huge increase of small-diameter acne, some occasional deep acne on my forehead, irritation, red patches and overall oiliness all across my forehead and nose. Several months later it has remained and appears to be increasing. At times, the entire surface of my forehead is series of small bumps, mildly irritated and prone to heavy oiliness. (Anyone else have this?????)

I have tried Dan's regimen to a certain extent and my acne simply flared out of control and left my skin red and oily. Back to basics (for me) of tea-trea infused soap and spot treatment of BP. Small measure of success.

I am scheduled for my first dermatologist visit in 15 years....

Acne can flare up at any time in your life. All it takes is a certain trigger and WHAM.... :)

There are so many factors in each insurance plan it's kind of pointless to ask. It seems like your plan does not care for brand name drugs, though. Benzaclin can be bought as two seperate prescription drugs (both generic) which would cost you much less if your $15 generic co-pay holds true. As for the Tazorac, maybe your plan would prefer you use generic retin-a. Of course these aren't exactly the same drug, but unfrotunately your insurance company rules the roost when it comes to these decisions. If you really want to know why they are so expensive, just call the 800 number on the back of your card and ask them.

FYI this would be my cost through my plan:

Tazorac: $5.00 (1.00 for a 90 day's supply through mail order)

Benzaclin: $5.00 (1.00 for a 90 day's supply through mail order)

Doxy: $0.00

Brevoxyl: $5.00 (1.00 for a 90 day's supply through mail order)

I pay 5 for brand (unless DAW'ed) and 0 for generic.

Again, though, it just depends on your plan. Hope this helps.

i pay 15 for 10mg (120 tablets) of accutane

15 for clinowhtever lotion

Through my twenties, the use of BP and thorough washing kept serious acne at bay. I did still have a problem with oily skin, however. Later it mostly cleared up and no regimen was needed.

Recently after a stressful period and the use of antibiotics after a root canal, I experienced a huge increase of small-diameter acne, some occasional deep acne on my forehead, irritation, red patches and overall oiliness all across my forehead and nose. Several months later it has remained and appears to be increasing. At times, the entire surface of my forehead is series of small bumps, mildly irritated and prone to heavy oiliness. (Anyone else have this?????)

I have tried Dan's regimen to a certain extent and my acne simply flared out of control and left my skin red and oily. Back to basics (for me) of tea-trea infused soap and spot treatment of BP. Small measure of success.

Acne can flare up at any time in your life. All it takes is a certain trigger and WHAM.... :)

There are so many factors in each insurance plan it's kind of pointless to ask. It seems like your plan does not care for brand name drugs, though. Benzaclin can be bought as two seperate prescription drugs (both generic) which would cost you much less if your $15 generic co-pay holds true. As for the Tazorac, maybe your plan would prefer you use generic retin-a. Of course these aren't exactly the same drug, but unfrotunately your insurance company rules the roost when it comes to these decisions. If you really want to know why they are so expensive, just call the 800 number on the back of your card and ask them.

Guys try this, should really help You!

www.edborukhov.acnefree.hop.clickbank.net

Guys try this, should really help You!

www.acnefreein3days.com