Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onelasttry4

Amy's acne log *UPDATED 10/6*

I'm 19, in college, currently stressed, and having one of the worst breakouts of my life. Oh, and I'm not exaggerating... it's bad... it's all along my jawline, chin, and mouth. It's absolutely horrible.

I've had acne since around the 4th grade... there's never been a time that I can remember where I've been not worrying about my skin. I have scarring and it's very red. I have to use a pound of make-up every day just to even out the tones... but by the end of the day... it's all dry and flakey and even more embarassing than before I put on the make-up.

I've even just recently resorted to wearing scarves each day just to cover my chin.

Like a lot of people here... I've used it all... from my derm's stuff, to all the store products, to ProActiv, to Murad... it's just... not working for me. It's discouraging... and painful... and sometimes I just wake up in the morning and I want to hide. All of the people at my school are beautiful... clear-skinned... even my housemates are that way. I go extra lengths just to hide my hideous complexion.

I walk to school every day wishing sometimes... that it could just be over... it's one of the worst feelings in the world... but I just can't deal with my acne. I'm not going to lie, sometimes I wish I weren't here anymore.

I've started a new regimen that I want to try out... I found it on the boards. That regimen can be found here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=117933 It's an all natural, hot water-only

regimen.

I'll try it out for a while then update on my progress. I've tried everything else... I figure...why not?

Day 1 - 9/30

-Just completed first face cleansing

-Acne moderate to severe around the jawline

-Face feels a little better though

Day 2 - 10/1

-Regimen yesterday night before shower

-Regimen before bed time

-Woke up this morning with lots of dead acne... which I guess is good...

-My skin doesn't dry out as much as I thought it would...

-Ordered CSR last night... hopefully it will come in a few weeks

-Acne is still moderate... lots of redness, lots of scarring still

Day 3 - 10/2

-Regimen completed this morning and last night before I went to bed

-Woke up with some old whiteheads gone, some new showed up

-Tried my new make-up today, it's supposed to be a non-pore clogging one unlike my last one

-I love how it looks on my skin... very excited to keep using it

-Skin is still as bad as it was though some acne has been drying out

-Will continue to update on condition to see if my old make-up was a factor in my breakouts

Day 4 - 10/3

-Have been following regimen for about 3 days now

-Just completed morning regimen

-Woke up with a most of the whiteheads on my chin gone

-Still a lot of scarring and redness

-No new active acne as of right now

Hi Amy.

I've started a new regimen that I want to try out... I found it on the boards. I'll try it out for a while then update on my progress. I've tried everything else... I figure...why not?

Hi Amy.

I've started a new regimen that I want to try out... I found it on the boards. I'll try it out for a while then update on my progress. I've tried everything else... I figure...why not?

^ This new regimen that you're talking about. Is it the csr? (clear skin regimen)

I'm a 20yr m going to college as well and I know what ur going through. What consists or your daily diet would you say if you dont mind me asking? Also, is the makeup your using noncomodogenic? Please let me know. I can relate to your problem and would like to offer some advice.

Hi there,

Well, I'm not starting CSR just yet. I ordered the cleanser and gel just last night... so I will be starting CSR in a few weeks, I hope! The regimen I've started was one I saw on one of the boards which can be found at this link. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=117933 It sounds easy enough... so I thought I'd give it a try, well just until my CSR comes.

My daily diet is pretty all over the place. I sometimes can make it for cereal in the morning... lunch can be sandwiches, chicken strips, rice, or just a piece of fruit. Dinner is usually some Lean Cuisine of some kind of warm up food (I just don't have time to cook in college!) and I snack a few times a day... mostly carbs and fruits... wheat thins, ritz snack bits, cookies, apples, oranges... yeah I'm all over the place.

Hmmm, my make-up... I've been using Covergirl all of my life (my mom uses it) and well... it's pretty thick and I use it to cover my acne scars... so I'm almost positive it's probably not noncomodogenic. Just coming to realize that my make-up might have a big role in my acne... I've been searching this site for tips and picked up a new foundation a powder yesterday. They are the Revlon Colorstay Active Light Make-up and they both say non-pore-clogging which I'm excited about.

Yeah, any help I can get I would really appreciate. Thanks.

Hmm, well, the reason i'm asking about the daily diet is b/c i've read that some foods do actually cause flare-ups. And i know the feeling about not having time always for a healthy diet, im in college too and it's pretty hectic at times! Amy, i've only been on the csr for only a day or two now but it seems pretty promising thus far. I really don't know about the whole make-up deal, i do know that noncomod. is important so it doesn't clog ur pores. Try not to let it get u depressed. There are far more important things in life then worrying about ur acne. Any specific questions u can think of before u start the csr ? post away.

I breakout bad after having fresh oysters. Anyway, im 18 and i know how you feel, mine is not restricted to just my jawline/mouth though. :( Don't give up, if only for the sake of us! Will be looking forward to updates :)

Hi onelasttry4

I know acne is such a bad feeling and trust me.. i can relate.

Have you tried mineral makeup? i think you will like it

tash ox

Day 5 - 10/4

-Missed regimen this morning, running late to class

-Did regimen tonight

-Still really like my new makeup, it covers well but doesn't feel as heavy and pore-clogging like the last make-up

-Acne is still moderate

-Only one new whitehead today

-Just got my CSR in the mail today

-I will probably start using it tomorrow

-I have a huge midterm tomorrow, I'm stressing out a bit

-After I start with CSR, I will try to update with pictures

Day 6 - 10/5

Okay, today was the first day of the week that I haven't worn a scarf around my chin/neck. Now, the reason I've been wearing a scarf all week is because of my horrible horrible breakouts along my chin and jawline lately. And the bad part about it was last week with my old make-up... it would cover the redness for about 2 hours after I put it on then by the middle of the day and end I had nasty flakey stuff all over my chin which was very much worse then when I started. Soooooo, I got some new make-up (WHICH I LOVE NOW) and I've managed to get through about 6 hours and it's still sticking to my face nicely... no flakes, no rubbing off, nothing!

Andddd, today I had my midterm at 8am, and I believed I nailed it! I really think that's going to help me a lot as far as the stress department goes...

Checking my face today, I only have one new whitehead but I think it's going to go away soon.

I really think this water-only regimen I've been using for the past few days helped my skin a lot.

You can find the thread here if you want to try it to:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=117933

It didn't really do much for the acne scars I have, but it did work on drying out my old acne and preventing new clusters. (Bleh, I hate the word cluster.)

All in all, I feel really good right now, no new acne to really stress over and I'm excited to start my CSR soon. I will be sure to start updating with pictures when that happens. Have a great day, everyone!

Just like all the other products we put on our face it's essential that your makeup (especially foundation, concealer and powder) be healthy for your skin. Imagine using a wonderful cleanser, BP product and moisturizer only to follow up with Vaseline or grease. Some makeup products are just about as bad. Most makeup, especially foundations are full of nasty chemicals that can only hinder your skin, especially drug store brands. Neutrogena makes a decent foundation, but it still has some harmful contents.

My suggestion, along with using CSR would be to switch your makeup. Don't worry... I would never recommend not using a foundation/powder. Us girls gotta have a way to cover stuff up!! And, I'm assuming that you would prefer something with heaver coverage because you mentioned that you have some red marks you would like to even out.

I currently use a makeup line called GloMinerals. I know there are a lot of minerals based products out there. They are the latest and greatest crazy in the makeup industry. It was created my dermatologist and is recommended by many dermatologists. It has all kinds of great stuff in it including antioxidants and pharmaceutical grade ingredients. They have a whole line of products. It is on the expensive side (and I know how $$ is tight when in college), but you can purchase in on EBay. There is a gal on there that sells it for much much less than retail. Her EBay name is "Beauty_Within".

The GloMinerals web site is www.glominerals.com. They have all the products on there. If you need help choosing the right products for you just PM me. I am more than happy to help.

Good luck and PM me!!!

The GloMinerals web site is www.glominerals.com. They have all the products on there. If you need help choosing the right products for you just PM me. I am more than happy to help.

Thank you so much for you comments! Yeah, after joining this message board and snooping around a bit, I realized my make-up probably has a huge impact on what's going on with my face. Sooooo, I switched from my old heavy foundation and powder (CoverGirl) to Revlon's Colorstay Active Light Make-Up Foundation and Powder. They are both non-pore-clogging (which my old one wasn't) and they feel really light on my face. I also bought some new make-up cleaning wipes that I use every day to take off all of my make-up.

I've been hearing great things about the Minerals make-up and I will probably try using that sometime soon once I save up some money. I'll keep updating with how my current make-up regimen is going.

Day 7 - 10/6

So, I think that my make-up and face cleaning regimens are very much linked with my acne problem.

These past two days, I've been pulling all-nighters to finish up papers and midterm studying and I've forgotten to wipe off my make-up and do my all-water regimen... which led to 3 new whiteheads around my mouth... they hadn't come up since I started my regimen... but once I fell off track... they came back!

So, I did my regimen tonight and my face is drying well... I really like the all-water... I've yet to start my CSR... but I promise I will soon.

Nothing else new, just 3 new white heads, my jawline is getting red again but since I did my regimen tonight... it should go away tomorrow.

Hello Amy

I don't know if I didn't misunderstand you, but if you're saying that the water-only regimen helps you and you don't get new acne, then it's no sense starting CSR! It will only make red marks fade slower!