Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onelasttry4

Sometimes I just don't want to keep going

I'm 19, in college, currently stressed, and having one of the worst breakouts of my life. Oh, and I'm not exaggerating... it's bad... it's all along my jawline, chin, and mouth. It's absolutely horrible.

I've had acne since around the 4th grade... there's never been a time that I can remember where I've been not worrying about my skin. I have scarring and it's very red. I have to use a pound of make-up every day just to even out the tones... but by the end of the day... it's all dry and flakey and even more embarassing than before I put on the make-up.

I've even just recently resorted to wearing scarves each day just to cover my chin.

Like a lot of people here... I've used it all... from my derm's stuff, to all the store products, to ProActiv, to Murad... it's just... not working for me. It's discouraging... and painful... and sometimes I just wake up in the morning and I want to hide. All of the people at my school are beautiful... clear-skinned... even my housemates are that way. I go extra lengths just to hide my hideous complexion.

I walk to school every day wishing sometimes... that it could just be over... it's one of the worst feelings in the world... but I just can't deal with my acne. I'm not going to lie, sometimes I wish I weren't here anymore.

I've started a new regimen that I want to try out... I found it on the boards. I'll try it out for a while then update on my progress. I've tried everything else... I figure...why not?

Day 1 - 9/30

-Just completed first face cleansing

-Acne moderate to severe around the jawline

-Face feels a little better though

good luck with your new regime. you will find something that works, and you'll be able to get through this!

if your skin is really dry, try a moisturizer (one that won't clog pores). good make-up and a good moisturizer are key.

I'm 19, in college, currently stressed, and having one of the worst breakouts of my life. Oh, and I'm not exaggerating... it's bad... it's all along my jawline, chin, and mouth. It's absolutely horrible.

I've had acne since around the 4th grade... there's never been a time that I can remember where I've been not worrying about my skin. I have scarring and it's very red. I have to use a pound of make-up every day just to even out the tones... but by the end of the day... it's all dry and flakey and even more embarassing than before I put on the make-up.

I've even just recently resorted to wearing scarves each day just to cover my chin.

Like a lot of people here... I've used it all... from my derm's stuff, to all the store products, to ProActiv, to Murad... it's just... not working for me. It's discouraging... and painful... and sometimes I just wake up in the morning and I want to hide. All of the people at my school are beautiful... clear-skinned... even my housemates are that way. I go extra lengths just to hide my hideous complexion.

I walk to school every day wishing sometimes... that it could just be over... it's one of the worst feelings in the world... but I just can't deal with my acne. I'm not going to lie, sometimes I wish I weren't here anymore.

I've started a new regimen that I want to try out... I found it on the boards. I'll try it out for a while then update on my progress. I've tried everything else... I figure...why not?

Day 1 - 9/30

-Just completed first face cleansing

-Acne moderate to severe around the jawline

-Face feels a little better though

I'm not sure if by wishing it could just be over you mean by committing suicide. If you are having suicidal thoughts, please read this link: http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/

Everyone goes through the same thing as us. Know why we have these thoughts that seem often outlandish afterwards when we gather ourselves? We feel alone. We simply look at the "perfect people," not knowing they go through the same thing as well. Not everyone shows it the same way. When I was in high school, I used to walk around the track field just to hide my face, along with other self-devised techniques I made up. After a while, I started changing up my lifestyle, not letting anything get in my way. I started eating healthier, and this was when ProActiv first came on the market, which I bought and used. Regardless, after all this, with my acne still there, I look back and I just laugh at myself for doing these things out of my way. I'm a human being aren't I? We're all God's fingerprints. I found the things I once did were just mind games I played with myself. Please, I hope you do feel better about yourself and understand this is just the journey of life. After every dark night comes a brighter day. God bless.

Guest been13years

You should ask your derm for Accutane. Let him/her know how much the acne is interfering with your life and how persistent it is. Don't give up!

I think everyone here has felt the way you do. I know i have. But you have to just keep fighting..

It's harder for us who goto college because we wake up every morning and go to a school filled with incredibly beautiful people with clear skin and tons of friends.. BUT FUCK THEM! They don't care about you so you shouldn't care about them. I dropped two full semesters of classes because i was embarrased of showing my face in class. Not only was it a waste of money, it was a waste of time. A year later i'm finally taking this seriously. I found this qoute and it gave me confidence and inner strength. Maybe it will work for you too..

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr. Seuss

good luck.

and keep your head up.