Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy__1989

Lemme set things right

Anyone who tells you that diet is not related or only slightly related to acne is a lier.

My family was round my house for a birthday and the sweets were out. being a party i ate crap all day..not alot of crap but still crap and the next two days my face became the home town for spots. Its taken me all week to kill em off.

so anyone says diet dont matter....give em a little slap :whistle:

I don't think diet doesn't matter. I think it could be a contributing factor for some people. There are people who say that the main cause of acne is diet. it's not. genetics and hormones are the main cause of acne. there are people who can eat whatever they want and never get a zit. and other people follow a strict diet and still break out. I think for most people diet doesn't really contribute to acne. but if your one of the people that breaks out after eating a certain food then you probably shouldn't eat it.

I changed my diet last year, i cut out a lot of stuff. no dairy, low fat. mostly veggies and i still broke out. so now i just eat what a want (in moderation obviously) and my acne hasn't gotten any worse (actually it's gotten better but that's because of the treatments i'm on.)

Its not particularly what you eat (unless your allergic) but its what you are missing or substituting for the good meal. For instance someone that eats junk all day will probably break out more because they are lacking the vitamins that their body needs and the junk food is not giving it to them.

But if you eat healthy and maybe have a cookie or pizza on occassion, then I dont think it would infuence as much.

I don't think diet doesn't matter. I think it could be a contributing factor for some people. There are people who say that the main cause of acne is diet. it's not. genetics and hormones are the main cause of acne.

Hormones can cause acne, but food affects hormones dramatically.

So through a transverse relationship, food affects hormones which affect skin. Therefore, food affects skin.

Same thing for genetics.

Got it? good

did u ever think that people who eat what ever they want might not be getting acne not because they are just not prone to clogged pores. I think food is the main factor. It has hormones which can get ya, it has crap in it which could get ya, and you could be allergic and spots is ur reaction.

I don't think diet doesn't matter. I think it could be a contributing factor for some people. There are people who say that the main cause of acne is diet. it's not. genetics and hormones are the main cause of acne.

Hormones can cause acne, but food affects hormones dramatically.

So through a transverse relationship, food affects hormones which affect skin. Therefore, food affects skin.

Same thing for genetics.

Got it? good

how does food affect genetics?

did u ever think that people who eat what ever they want might not be getting acne not because they are just not prone to clogged pores. I think food is the main factor. It has hormones which can get ya, it has crap in it which could get ya, and you could be allergic and spots is ur reaction.

your right it could if you are genetically pre deposed to it. the people who don't get acne aren't. food can aggravate acne but it isn't the main factor. some people believe that genetics has nothing to do with it though, which it definitely does. and food cannot affect genetics.

But isn't it so obvious that hormones are controlled by diet?

Without the food we eat there would be no hormone production, no hormone balance, no hormone control

The most single factor affecting everything related to our hormones (excess or deficiency, surges or unbalances) is the nutrients we get through diet

Prostaglandins are the source of many physiological balances and they too depend mainly on diet

Genes don't control your hormonal balance

Genes may just increase the effect of the source of imbalance by not promoting such a strong "imbalance immunity" as other genes may do

But the source of hormonal imbalance, except for rare pathologies, is nutrients and lack of them ... and therefore diet.

The people who don't break out with a nutrients deficient junk diet just have genes that allow a stronger balance even where there's an agent that plays havoc with it. With time that "protection" will collapse and they will be exposed to way worse problems than acne

I don't think diet doesn't matter. I think it could be a contributing factor for some people. There are people who say that the main cause of acne is diet. it's not. genetics and hormones are the main cause of acne. there are people who can eat whatever they want and never get a zit. and other people follow a strict diet and still break out. I think for most people diet doesn't really contribute to acne. but if your one of the people that breaks out after eating a certain food then you probably shouldn't eat it.

I changed my diet last year, i cut out a lot of stuff. no dairy, low fat. mostly veggies and i still broke out. so now i just eat what a want (in moderation obviously) and my acne hasn't gotten any worse (actually it's gotten better but that's because of the treatments i'm on.)

Wise, wise words.

Contributing factor could also be replaced with the word aggravating, or even trigger. But diet definitely is not the cause/source/root of the condition known as acne vulgaris.

Without the food we eat there would be no hormone production, no hormone balance, no hormone control

what came first? the chicken or the egg?

But the source of hormonal imbalance, except for rare pathologies, is nutrients and lack of them ... and therefore diet.

yes, lack of the substance GLA, the ability to get the substance GLA and the ability to use the substance GLA- gamma linolenic acid.

For a way to sort your hormones out and keep blood sugar levels stable and insulin in good shape check out lesson 2 and lesson 3 of the facemaster course.

Heres some more information on GLA and what causes a deficieny in it:

"Several factors can block, slow down, or interfere with the enzyme delta-6-desaturase, that catalyzes the conversion of LA to GLA. These include:

1) excess cholesterol, which is common in diets rich in meat, eggs, and dairy

2) excess saturated and monosaturated long chain fatty acids which constitutes 85-93% of all fatty acids in the western diet

3) processed vegetable oils which make up over 90% of all oils sold

4) trans fatty acids from margarines, shortenings, shortening oils, and partially hydrogenated oils

5) heated oils from food preparation that involves frying or deep frying

6) alcohol use

7) ageing which causes enzymes to function less efficiently

8) zinc deficiency, since zinc is a cofactor in the enzyme catalyzed conversion of LA to GLA

9) viral infections as a result of weakened tissue strength and immune system brought on by poor nutrition

10) diabetic and prediabetic conditions brought on by excesses of sugars, saturated fatty acids, monosaturated fatty acids

11) deficiencies of essential fatty acids, zinc, chromium, and other minerals

12) high sugar consumption.

Obviously, this list includes the majority of the population! According to this list, most are unable to convert LA to GLA, producing the inevitable deficiencies that lead to diseases that "most" have. "

Source: http://www.innvista.com/HEALTH/nutrition/fats/omega.htm

Wise, wise words.

Contributing factor could also be replaced with the word aggravating, or even trigger. But diet definitely is not the cause/source/root of the condition known as acne vulgaris.

But it is just semantic

Your regimen is very similar to mine so it seems that you acknowledge that the cause of acne is hormonal ...

but whatever cause of what is hormonal is nutritional ... you mention GLA and deficiency of GLA as the major root and solution of acne. But what is a proper GLA intake and a GLA deficiency if not "nutrition" and hence "diet" ?

Even going down to microscopic body functions diet affects everything directly. A neuron synthesizes the chemicals it needs from substances provided by the diet you consume. It's all connected. As for eating junk and breaking out, I had quite a bit..well...quite a lot of junk food yesterday.....damnit

But it is just semantic. Your regimen is very similar to mine so it seems that you acknowledge that the cause of acne is hormonal ...

but whatever cause of what is hormonal is nutritional ... you mention GLA and deficiency of GLA as the major root and solution of acne. But what is a proper GLA intake and a GLA deficiency if not "nutrition" and hence "diet" ?

True this is all semantic discussion, but overall i think that hormones are the main baddies--it is a chemical, food also breaks down into chemicals, GLA is basically a chemical substance and our bodies are chemical systems.

Technically the cause of acne is from all of the following as we have a holistically operating body:

"Human organ systems

* Circulatory system: blood circulations with heart and blood vessels

* Digestive system: processing food with mouth, stomach and intestines

* Endocrine system: communicating within the body using hormones

* Immune system: defending against disease-causing agents

* Integumentary system: skin, hair and nails

* Lymphatic system: structures involved in the transfer of lymph between tissues and the blood stream

* Muscular system: moving the body

* Nervous system: collecting, transferring and processing information with brain and nerves

* Reproductive system: the sex organs

* Respiratory system: the organs used for breathing, the lungs

* Skeletal system: structural support and protection through bones

* Urinary system: the kidneys and associated structures involved in the production and excretion of urine"

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_body

But I emphasize hormones in the facemaster course as it was by looking at the hormonal aspect of acne and treating that aspect that I got the results of clear skin. I do not consider taking GLA to be a diet aspect but a endocrine aspect. It is something I swallow and which then gets converted into a chemical that massively affects the endrocine system and hormones. Diet I consider as food: breakfast, lunch and dinner. GLA is a nutrient though, but it is the specific chemical reaction it causes in the body that I consider important.

Nutrients, diet and hormones--its all a part of the whole picture of acne and the body though.

We are on the same page it seems, just on a different paragraph thats all!