Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
m4x

Starting the regimen with 5% BP

Hi there!

Im going to start at CSR now...but with 5 % BP. Im studding in South Africa (Durban) and couldn't find BP lower than 5%...so my question is if its ok to start with 5%? When going on full dosage, should i take half finger instead of full finger BP to get the same effect? I know that full finger of 5% will dry and kill my face..or have you any idea of what I could mix halv finger 5% BP with half finger of something else? (ex moisturizer maybe?) any idea?

Max

I started the regimen with 5% bp, and it worked just fine. I got pretty dry, but just use enough moisturiser and you should be fine.

Good luck!

I started the regimen with 5% bp, and it worked just fine. I got pretty dry, but just use enough moisturiser and you should be fine.

Good luck!

Ok jonas thanks for reply..check your PM please.

Hi there!

Im going to start at CSR now...but with 5 % BP. Im studding in South Africa (Durban) and couldn't find BP lower than 5%...so my question is if its ok to start with 5%? When going on full dosage, should i take half finger instead of full finger BP to get the same effect? I know that full finger of 5% will dry and kill my face..or have you any idea of what I could mix halv finger 5% BP with half finger of something else? (ex moisturizer maybe?) any idea?

Max

5% Bp should be fine (for the most of us..) but it can still be too stong for some.

Remember to use a very good moisturizer when using 5% BP.

5% was way too strong for me. It made my skin blister almost. With 2.5%, I don't have any bad effects. One key of the CSR is to be as gentle with your skin as possible. So if 5% is gentle enough for you, then I don't see a problem.

Cam >B)

I think you should be fine with 5% BP. What you might try though, is starting off with gradual applications. I did this with 10% BP and had minimal problems - just a little dryness and flaking. The way you could do this is to start by applying the 5% just in the evening - but just leave it on for 30 min, then wash it off. Do that for 3-4 days, then start leaving it on for a hour before you wash it off, then work up to 2 hours. If you take about 2 wks of getting your skin used to gradual applications before you leave it on all night, you will be less likely to get irritation from the BP. Later on, you could then start applying it 2x a day if needed. Its not exactly the CSR - but that regimen is based on using a lower strength BP, which most people can apply twice a day from the start. BP can be effective when it is left on your skin for shorter periods of time, so even though you spend the first two weeks washing if off after a certain time period, it is still working to clear your skin. Anyway, it worked well for me! Good luck with your regimen!

I agree with everyone else.

The Regimen can be done with 5% bp, you'll just need to watch out for the possibility of more dryness.

Make sure your cleanser is super gentle, and you have a good moisturizer.

good luck!

i use 5%, and i've never had a problem with it.

the only bad experience i've had while on the CSR was when i switched cleansers. therefore i'd suggest that you stay away from foaming cleansers, anything designated as an "acne cleanser," and generally any cleanser that leaves your skin feeling tight after using it. (CETAPHIL is pretty much the mildest, least-drying cleanser around)

lastly, use a good moisturizer with SPF, and you'll be fine.