Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lansonodeon

Pretending to be confident..

Now I'm not taking away from the importance of looks in this society, or other cultures in fact, but if you think about anything too much, it becomes ridiculous. I guess what you need to ask yourself is, if there was no one else on this planet, would you care what you look like? Almost everyone would say no.

So it is people you want to look better for. Why is this the case? It doesn't matter what the jerks think, you don't want to be friends with them anyways. Now I can see where it may come into play for relationships. Mostly because of confidence. So you need to lose acne to gain confidence to attract a mate. Why do people want mates? To reproduce? For companionship? Probably both. So people want to clear their skin basically so they aren't lonely. And loneliness even basic animals feel, especially for dogs.

So getting rid of your acne is an instinctual need. Some instincts are good to ignore, like running a car off the road after it cuts you off. But companionship is understandable, you just don't want to come off as needy. And so it comes back to confidence.

For most cases, people will need to lose a significant amount of acne before they can start gaining confidence. It seems there must be other ways to gain confidence. Maybe exercising, lifting weights, running, eating healthy, joining a club, settings goals for yourself and accomplishing them. If none of this works for you, atleast pretend you have confidence by walking upright, giving eye contact when some one is talking to you, dress well, and get a haircut.

Put yourself in some one else's mind. If you see a person dressed in all black, with their head down, would you approach this person? Lets say for some reason, you do talk to this person. You then see their face, and they have acne. The truth is it will appear a lot worse to you just because of this person's demeanor.

I agree with pretending to be confident until you are. It'll rub off on you eventually, and you'll start feeling better about yourself.

Now I'm not taking away from the importance of looks in this society, or other cultures in fact, but if you think about anything too much, it becomes ridiculous. I guess what you need to ask yourself is, if there was no one else on this planet, would you care what you look like? Almost everyone would say no.

So it is people you want to look better for. Why is this the case? It doesn't matter what the jerks think, you don't want to be friends with them anyways. Now I can see where it may come into play for relationships. Mostly because of confidence. So you need to lose acne to gain confidence to attract a mate. Why do people want mates? To reproduce? For companionship? Probably both. So people want to clear their skin basically so they aren't lonely. And loneliness even basic animals feel, especially for dogs.

So getting rid of your acne is an instinctual need. Some instincts are good to ignore, like running a car off the road after it cuts you off. But companionship is understandable, you just don't want to come off as needy. And so it comes back to confidence.

For most cases, people will need to lose a significant amount of acne before they can start gaining confidence. It seems there must be other ways to gain confidence. Maybe exercising, lifting weights, running, eating healthy, joining a club, settings goals for yourself and accomplishing them. If none of this works for you, atleast pretend you have confidence by walking upright, giving eye contact when some one is talking to you, dress well, and get a haircut.

Put yourself in some one else's mind. If you see a person dressed in all black, with their head down, would you approach this person? Lets say for some reason, you do talk to this person. You then see their face, and they have acne. The truth is it will appear a lot worse to you just because of this person's demeanor.

Good post.

It made me think why do I care so much about what the dickheads in society think about the way I look? We are strange beasts us humans, expecially those of us with acne haha

Certainly getting involved in other things in life gives you more confidence, like excersizing and the like. Holding your head up high and maintaining eye contact withthe person you are talking to is the hardest thing in life imo. Its something that is hard to overcome

op ur stupid u probaly someone with no acne at all and just here to feel good about urself , fuck you , forgot about lust its important , plus u cant get a hair cut and give eye contact to people if u have no confidence because thats what no confidense means is doing none of these things , that proves that u have no idea about confidense nor about low self esteem so get the fuck out of this forum

^ I dont really know what the point of the last comment was, seeing as how it was irrate with cursing and typos. Whatever it is this person is clearly upset... lol

I agree with lansonodeon though, how you hold yourself is HUGE. It's hard for people to improve their self confidence though; even if they try to by exercising, lifting weights, running, eating healthy, joining a club, settings goals, etc.

I do all of these things, but sometimes my acne still brings me down

plus u cant get a hair cut and give eye contact to people if u have no confidence

yes you can, i have like 0 confidence but no one can tell because i act confident.

Pretending to be who you're not, not only lengthens the distance between you and your true self, but it leaves you feeling emotionally drained day in and day out. And let me tell you, it makes you feel much worse in the long-run. Don't lie to yourself. If you feel invalid to society, don't be afraid to show it. Because people can already sense it. But if you're into self-deprecation and take pride in your self-pity like me, you already know this.

Pretending to be who you're not only lengthens the distance between you and your true self, but it leaves you feeling emotionally drained day in and day out. And let me tell you, it makes you feel much worse in the long-run. Don't lie to yourself. If you feel invalid to society, don't be afraid to show it. Because people can already sense it. But if you're into self-deprecation and take pride in your self-pity like me, you already know this.

That reminds me of something my dad was telling me about comedians. He said a lot of comedians do their standup comedy thing, and then go back to their cloakroom and cry. A lot of them suffer from depression, and I couldn't understand this because comedians seem so happy and at ease. Maybe they're distancing themselves from their true selves by joking all the time, and so they also feel emotionally drained. Hmmm. That's what I think anyway.

if you act confident people will respond to that and you will actually become more confident in the long run. if you just sit in your rut you'll never experience anything new and never get anywhere in life. it is important to step outside your comfort zone and try new thing even if you don't feel confident doing it.

yes you can, i have like 0 confidence but no one can tell because i act confident.

i have 0 confidence too, but at college i try to act like i have a bit of confidence when im with my mates, but really i have no self esteem at all!