Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was just recently sent two Gillette Fusion razors with the shaving gel in the mail to sample i guess.

I hear both ways with these new razors... Is the 5 blades better or worse... anyone use these shavers and have success/failure..

Its the none battery powered one....

Thanx

Chris

im going with a double edge single razor, alleged 2 b the best

old fashiondish and mor expensive but if it works=golden

the prob iz multi blades cut hair too low and then=ingrown hair+ irritation + potentially breakout

esp if u hav curly hair

these DE razors r wicked looking, i just order it like $60 for it + other stuff u ndd

well c!

It all depends. If you're careful about shaving, then it'll probably be fine.

As for me? I do it old school. Shaving brush, shaving cream (the kind you lather yourself) and a double-edge safety razor. Best shave I've ever had. I would recommend it to anyone with patience. If done right, it's a closer shave than with the Mach-whatevers or Fusions, and your face doesn't feel like it's suddenly missing its outer layers.

I've also switched to a DE razor, and use a shaving brush with a higher quality shaving cream. Check out this article about shaving. It gives great tips and tells you where to get the supplies fairly cheap: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6886845

While a DE razor will cost you maybe 30+ bucks, the blades cost a fraction of the Gillette replacement cartridges. Just so you get a sense of the difference in costs, you can get 30 DE razor blades for $15 + shipping on amazon.com. You get about 8 gillette cartridges without shipping on amazon for that same cost.

So over the long run, maybe a few months, you'll save money. Also higher quality shaving cream/soap will be a little expensive, but remember, with a brush (which will also be a somewhat high one-time cost) you only need a fraction of what you generally would use. So it will last a lot longer and again will save you money.

On top of all the cost benefits, I think the DE is a lot less irritating, at least it is for me, and I used the Mach3 Turbo before.

i like the gillet mach3 with aloevera. i dont think it matters to much, just make sure you use a good shaving cream and your shaving in the right direction. ohh for so lon i suffered from the worst shaving rashes on my kneck and ingrown hairs because i used soap and shaved against the grain. i cant beleive i ever did that to my skin. ohh and i always rinse with cold water and moiturise after shaving