Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MilkMan25

Diet Summary

This stuff with everyone one worrying about what they eat is insane. Just staying away from junk food would work. Just eat healthy and drink alot of water and stuff will be fine. I read these posts awile ago and jsut the whole thing with staying away from foods that people like is insane. Like cream chease. these forums make u think ithat if u have a little of something that u will break out like crazy. Or if u drink some alc while on accutane u will like die. People take this stuff way to seriously. From reading this stuff if stayed away from so much stuff, its really just kind of bullshit.

As bullshit as having a minor outbreak from a mere 5 teaspoons of sugar yesterday.

I bow unto thee with deep regret oh acne gods! Thou shalt not haveth a weakling servent! I shalt remove sinful pleasures of sugar from mine staple. Hail unto to thee oh merciful lords! Bless thine servent with a clear complexion!

This stuff with everyone one worrying about what they eat is insane. Just staying away from junk food would work. Just eat healthy and drink alot of water and stuff will be fine. I read these posts awile ago and jsut the whole thing with staying away from foods that people like is insane. Like cream chease. these forums make u think ithat if u have a little of something that u will break out like crazy. Or if u drink some alc while on accutane u will like die. People take this stuff way to seriously. From reading this stuff if stayed away from so much stuff, its really just kind of bullshit.

It'd be insane if we backed it up only with anecdotal claims, but the catch is there's science and biology to support us. Hell, even Dan is taking a partial stance to diet now as opposed to classifying it as a myth. Cutting out junk food is not enough for many people (like me) who were raised on mostly junk food. You need to rebalance the internal functions of your body, whether it be reversing insulin resistance, rebuilding the delicate flora in your intestines, or giving your liver a much needed boost. But everyone's different and some people can simply drink water instead of pop and they'll clear, but those seem to be a lucky minority.

How ignorant. You don't have to cut anything out of YOUR diet if you don't want to, but the fact is, some "healthy" foods (ie: milk, wheat) break some people out. You look pretty silly coming on here and telling us otherwise.

Breaking out from having icecream isn't bullshit its the truth for many people. It's not taking things too seriously, its watching your food reactions and living in the reality that they trigger your acne instead of denying it. Stuffing your face with cream cheese and relying on a million topicals that will never work is another alternative you're obviously free to follow.

It'd be insane if we backed it up only with anecdotal claims, but the catch is there's science and biology to support us. Hell, even Dan is taking a partial stance to diet now as opposed to classifying it as a myth. Cutting out junk food is not enough for many people (like me) who were raised on mostly junk food.

It's the cutting "philosophy" which is wrong

Many people believe an healthy diet is one that "remove" bad foods

But I think even before that an healthy diet is a diet which "adds" nutrients rich foods (so that less room is left for nutrients deficient and unhealthy foods)

Not many people will find a real difference just by what they cut, they will find it thanks to what they add

^ ^ ^ That's for a healthy diet in general. For acne, when many times what you eat is a trigger food due to intolerance, sensitivity, or allergy, what you cut DOES make a huge difference. For example, I could eat green smoothies all day but that won't mean I'm immune to breaking out from flax seed (allergy).