Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rache

Painfull chin pimples

Hello everyone. I am just wondering as to how many of you get acne on your chin and only really on your chin. I am talking red inflammed, irritated, papules that linger around for a long time and leave nasty marks behind. Then you pop one, and it pops up again after the mark heals...There's a cluster of it on the chin, up to 10 of them(along with red marks). What treatments are the best for this problem? Skin type is: Oily.

What cleanser should be used? Treatments? Creams? Anything that worked wonders for your chin acne could you please leave a comment. It would be greatly apperciated. I am actually just asking this for a good friend of mine. As she has dealt with on and off inflammed acne on her chin since her late teens.

She used Body Shop TTO cleanser, Toner. With combination of Clean and Clear's Daily Pore scrub and the toner in the mornings. Along with spot treating with TTO blemish stick through out the day. It seemed to work for her in the first month of two. Then all of sudden it didn't work, and she was breaking out.

Now she is currently using a plain oil Goat bar soap to cleanse her face. And does weekly lavender oil steams, and Red Clover poltices on it. Along with taking various supplements. And avoiding certain foods.

Again i repeat, advice and comments are very apperciated. I hate seeing her go through with this(as I have in my life...) More then anything I wish that she finds(or you guys tell me) somethings that'll help clear it right up. You guys have helped me out so much. So I would like it if you could help my best friend.

Thanks loves. :angel:

I know that she did use Persa-gel by Clean and Clear. She told me that all it did was bring the pimples to heads. And make them crusty.

What successfull BP topical treatment was that you used?

I think I have what you have. To be honest, I did nothin except wash my face with water for 2 weeks. The zits are pretty much still there, but %50 of them are gone, so like 10 or so left (very smaller ones) and no cysts... meaing I can't feel them stinging me or having a burning sensation.

It was horrible for the first week, I had breakouts and everything, but redness was totally down...today, I am dunking my head in warm water twice a day and it seems to be working. I say seems cause I 've been wrong before!

I used BP before, and just smothered it all over. Yes, the zits just crusted over and then eventually went away, but that took very long time when compared with treating it with water only..and redness woud always be there once zits went away. I dont know, I hope my chin is clear within another 2 weeks. Remember to give you skin a long time to heal and don't get discouraged, because I always used to.

Guest been13years

If I knew the secret to getting rid of painful chin pimples, I would share it with everyone! I have like, three right now. They hurt so much I'm not going to wash my face or touch it tonight at all, I'm just going to do this wacky "soak it in hot water" thing everyone's talking about. Not touching is key, because it you stir up that inflamed junk it just gets worse. Tell your friend to ice them too. It may not make them go away but ice can dramatically help inflammation. Neosporin cream is good for just spot-treating extra special painful ones, too.

maybe her chin acne is hormonal.

Yeah, thats what she thinks, and I think too.

I was thinking that maybe the Borage oil regieme would benefit her?

I know she refuses to go on any BC..(frankley I don't blame her)

i would get only pustules/papules that were really quite inflammed on a VERY regular basis ONLY on my chin, maybe every day or every other day.Somehow accutane cleared my chin up but pretty much destroyed my entire face

I also found that cutting of zinc supplements made things better

I have been taking Zinc supplement daily(50 mg's) do you think that could be causing my white head break outs(I had them before I started current regieme) There mostly just red marks now..dang red marks.