Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marco23

Using proactiv moisturizer any other non pricey recommendations

Hi

Do you know of a moisturizer that has zinc oxide and is oil free, that is not as pricey as the proactiv one, with SPF 15?

The Proactiv moisturizer isn't very moisturizing at all for me. I consider it SPF more than hydration.

I really like to use Cetaphil moisturizer without SPF and put my cheapo drugstore facial SPF 30 on top, but if you want them both in one step you can try the Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with SPF. My sister uses Biore Pore Minimizing Lightweight Moisturizer with SPF 15, but I personally think it's kind of greasy.

I didn't like the Purpose dual-action SPF 15 moisturizer, but perhaps it would work for you. It is gentle and uses titanium dioxide as the active sunscreen, which is quite similar to zinc oxide (broad-spectrum UV protection, physical rather than chemical UV screening). It's not very expensive, especially at a place like Target or Wal-Mart where you can certainly get it cheaper than at drugstore.com. What I didn't like about it was that it left my face looking white and chalky, which is something that zinc oxide/titanium dioxide sunscreens tend to do. Some other regimen users have also found that it reacts with the BP to turn orangish, though I never experienced that.