Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jb679

My battle with acne

First of all, i'm a new member here and i'd just like to say that i'm very impressed and inspired with how many people share their stories. it's truly amazing. I'm 20yrs old and been battling acne for about 2 yrs or longer. But the thing is, i'm clear for about a week, and then broke out for about a week. Off and on, off and on like that. Idk what to do but to give the csr a shot. I've been reading around and it sounds like it just might work. Anyone else have the week on, off problem as well? P.s. advice would be great. :doubt:

*shrugs*I'm just as new as you but I've found that people here are really nice and always willing to answer your questions no matter how silly or weird they are^^

It gives you a really comfortable feeling while you're here.

Since your breakouts are only occasional be sure that whatever you do, you're not irritating your skin to the point where your breakouts become frequent. Try the CSR out, but start off very slow with small BP applications and see what happens.

And welcome. =)

acne can be very tempermental, you can have say 4 good weeks then 4 bad weeks, 2 good 2 bad ect.

acne can be effected by weather (humidity, fog ect)

the CSR should clear you up (depends on person to person) but dont hold back in asking as many questions you like, 99% of boardmembers will be more than happy to answer your questions

good luck :)

Since your breakouts are only occasional be sure that whatever you do, you're not irritating your skin to the point where your breakouts become frequent. Try the CSR out, but start off very slow with small BP applications and see what happens.

And welcome. =)

I was like you with the off-on until I became obsessive and irrated my skin to the point of constant acne. Start slow, my only advice.

Hi and welcome,

You will want to consider when trying to decide whether the Regimen is right for you or not is if your acne is such that it warrants a daily, twice a day routine.

When you say that you will have a clear week and then "a breakout", what do you mean by a breakout? Do you get one or two pimples, or do you suddenly get several that week, then clear again the next week?

If all you get is a pimple or two every other week, I think if it were me I would just spot-treat those as they occur with benzoyl peroxide rather than go through a whole twice a day routine. The Regimen is more for people who have mild to moderate acne who typically have some pimples on their face pretty much every day, or frequently.

If you only get a pimple or two every other week, I just don't think I would go to the hassle of a whole routine. You can just treat your skin gently, don't pick (to keep from causing further breakouts) and spot-treat them with 2.5% bp when they come up.

Hope this helps you make a decision.

Hey thanks guys first off. Brandy, i mean breakout by having 4 or 5 new pimples on my face, not just 1 or 2. I started the csr last night. Gonna take a while to get used to it but hopefully it'll clear me up. I think part of my problem is i'm being too rough with my skin. I was on proactive 4 a while and their cleanser and tiny exfoliating beads in it that was kinda harsh on my face, made it go red a lot. Maybe this'll help though. *keeps fingers crossed*

yes, Proactiv cleanser is very harsh. It created more problems for me too.

The "being gentle" part of the Regimen is super important, you can never be gentle enough, imo.

good luck!

exfoliating scrub washes are always a big no no in my eyes

as for the 1week ok 1week bad, i think its purely co-insidental man, acne is all about sebum glands being overactive. an that can be caused by many things.

like if you overly irritate your skin then they will go mental to try an calm skin down, but actually make it worse etc.

anyway if its not that bad you might wanna try the CSR just in the evening or something?

but your the best judge

jus take it slow at the start an work yourself into a good solid regimen.

an feel free to ask questions here we are here to help so :)

I used to have yo-yo skin...one day I'd only have a few tiny pimples or marks and think, "Gee, my skin's not so bad now," and then the next day I'd have these monster red swollen pimples on my forehead and cheeks that no amount of makeup could conceal...and then they'd go away and my skin would look okay, and then I'd get a new breakout...neverending cycle. Or at least, it didn't stop until I cleared up on the CSR after a couple of months. The Proactiv cleanser was really harsh on my face too, back when I used it.