Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XTheGod

Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmenation

yea read somewhere its hard to remove like tattoos i am clear like 90% just hate to see other people with this troubling shit

so is it permanet or not?

no, it isn't permanent, but it could take a very long time to go away on its own. you might want to look for a bleaching cream to quicken the process.

the redness will go away. but if you got indented scars, those will last forever. there are however procedures to make them look better.

you need 4% hydroquinone for dark marks (you get it perscribed by a derm.) . also some people with a lot of marks (red or dark) sometimes get indented marks as well. it depends on your skin i guess.

mainly in the forehead? i thought hyperpigmentation was just spots that would fade away from acne

not indented scars lmao man i am getting all worried

i was planning on getting a 4 layer blue peel next month to get fully clear of all this shit now i am thinking its not even going to work :/

also is using facial masks bad for hyperpigmentation i get sags under my eyes sometimes

it would be nice if i could get these questions answered thnx,

Yes it isn't permanent but does take awhile to go. Don't worry, just be patient.

Careful with the hydrquinion on dark skin! Maybe as your derm first :)

i dont think it goes away completely it does slighten since the intial PIH is dark ,but still very visible,i have them for 4 years,peels,hydroquinone for 6 months nothing worked.

so people either get hyperpigmentation or scars (box, pock marks, etc.)?

No, you can have both hyperpigmantation and a scar in one. Scars tend to be indented and they usually don't fill in completely although a lot of mine have decreased in size and depth. Hyperpigmations is a change in color of your skin (usually a red mark). I have a few hyperpigmantated scars. Eventually the hyperpigmantation will dissapear and I'll just be left with the indented scar. Hyperpigmantation is not permanant but takes time to heal. The chemicals people use tend to slow down the process instead of speed it up. The only thing that has sped up the healing process has been aloe vera.

Generally speaking, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation isn't permanent. However, hyperpigmentation is and many acne sufferers do not sufficiently protect themselves from the sun. Areas with active acne are more prone to uneven tone and also pigmentation caused by rising melanin.

The thing is, when the acne clears, the pigmentation left may not always be straight PIH, it could very well be predominantly hyperpigmentation as a result of UV exposure.