Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joej

How to COMPLETLY cover zits?

I use tinted moustizer to even out my skin and give me a glow, then I apply concealer to cover my red marks/scars and lighten my face.

It sort of covers pimples but it still has a noticible bump.

Has any girl EVER like completly covered a zit for IE: homecoming, pictures, etc.

If so how?

Usually tintedmoustizer+concealer takes about 5 minuets to put on so I guess I could spend a little more time.

Do I just keep dabbing more and more concealer on the zit?

I asked a question regarding the exact same problem a while ago, and from my experience: no. You can't make the bump look flatter. Make-up will get rid of the color, but the bump will still be visible. The best thing to do is to keep applying bp to the pimple, which will eventually shed the top layers of the skin, making the bump flatter.

Really brilliant professional makeup artists can do it. Unfortunately, I'm not a brilliant makeup artist so I can't give you step by step instructions. Check out Kevyn Aucoin's books and if you get the opportunity, take a class.

and even then, it doesn't work sometimes. check out scarlet johanssen (sp?) in the black dahlia (don't waste money to see it though). she's got some apparent forehead zits.

Try holding an icecube in a papertowl to it for a minute or two, before you put anything on ur face. that definitly helps bring down a bump and numbs a painful zit, IMO

and even then, it doesn't work sometimes. check out scarlet johanssen (sp?) in the black dahlia (don't waste money to see it though). she's got some apparent forehead zits.

yeah, i heard that was awful. i really wanted to see it too. but not if they're going to dramatize it beyond the point of recognition. who did the makeup for that?

Yeah, unforunately I reckon no amount of makeup can get rid of the '3Dness' of the bump... it just makes them less red... perhaps stick onto your regimen until they flatten, even perhaps turn into red marks which you can then cover...

Although difficult to get rid of the bump, you can disguise it a little by attracting less light to the spot. A 'matte' finish will attract less light -- and a matte finish can be achieved this way:

As Kevinn started -- use a light tinted moisturizer, or light foundation as a base.

Blot your spots with a little bit of pressed powder using a sponge applicator. The powder creates a surface to which concealer will adhere better. Don't go overboard with it, though, or it will be cakey in the end.

Next, dab on concealer with a concealer brush, being careful to cover just the areas necessary and blend lightly.

Finally, blot the area with a little pressed powder once again. Use translucent powder if possible, as you don't want to keep adding pigment to the area.

If there is residual powder, lightly dust over your face with a very large, soft, fine makeup brush.

I am a makeup artist, and I've been covering up my own sad acne for years.

Bonne Chance!

-Martine

If you only need it for a short amount of time. You can use dermablend, drag queens use it to cover up stubble.

Guest blackheadben

drag queens, scary! <panic>

that wont cover it. all makeup can do is cover colour, unless you are AMAZING and can actually shade different parts of ur zit to make the illusion that it is flat and i doubt u could do that. If you get a cortisone shot it will level out the zit for however long. and then makeup. only way.