Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shireen

Can somebody recommend a good protein supplement

Hi,

I'm looking for a good vegetarian protein supplement thats gluten free, dairy free and sugar free. Can somebody recommend something like that? Would a whey protein supplement be good enough for somebody who's trying to be on a pcos diet? Does whey contain lactose? Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Good brands of Whey do not contain lactose, the ones that do usually contain lactase and other enzymes to help break down the Whey.

i have a huge bucket of "spray dried whey" stopped taking it now also finished with my bodybuilding and sticking to cardio exercising.

i believe whey contains all the cow hormones that milk does thats why i avoid milk.

you can still get your protein from tuna and other fish as well as oats

I use ON 100% Whey protein for bodybuilding. Pretty much the best stuff on the market. Has a lot of bcaas in it too.

But whey protein is doesn't really have any diary in it. I know Designer Protein was 97% lactose free so it's a insignificant amount anyway.

Agree!!!!!!!! :cool:

IPB Image

I use ON 100% Whey protein for bodybuilding. Pretty much the best stuff on the market. Has a lot of bcaas in it too.

But whey protein is doesn't really have any diary in it. I know Designer Protein was 97% lactose free so it's a insignificant amount anyway.

I visited the trueprotein website and all they seem to have is whey protein. Now I read somewhere that whey is derived from dairy so as an acne sufferer I would try to avoid it. But I might be wrong. I'm a female and I dont need a protein supplement for body building. I'm a vegetarian and my diet is deficient in protein so just need it as a dietary supplement. Would be great if I could have a female's opinion on whether whey protein is alright for somebody trying to go on a pcos diet,

Thanks

Protein powders are the ultimate in 'processed foods'. Whenever people try to improve upon natural foods, problems arise. If you are genetically predisposed to have large muscle gains, then you will with or without protein powders. A preoccupation with getting big and ripped is ridiculous and distorted- similar to the girl who has a case of anorexia or feels she has to be a size 2. Just work out and eat non processed foods. You'll have a plan for the future.

Thanks, the board

I visited the trueprotein website and all they seem to have is whey protein. Now I read somewhere that whey is derived from dairy so as an acne sufferer I would try to avoid it. But I might be wrong. I'm a female and I dont need a protein supplement for body building. I'm a vegetarian and my diet is deficient in protein so just need it as a dietary supplement. Would be great if I could have a female's opinion on whether whey protein is alright for somebody trying to go on a pcos diet,

Thanks

They have whey protein isolate which is 100% actose free and only contains whey protein, so it won't have all the other factors in dairy that cause problems (lactose, casein, hormones etc.)

True protein also has egg and egg white protein if you want to avoid the whole dairy thing.

You know, some people say that whey protein breaks them out. But then again people say that about EVERY freaking supplement. I take it every single day and I don't see any correlation.

Protein powders are the ultimate in 'processed foods'. Whenever people try to improve upon natural foods, problems arise. If you are genetically predisposed to have large muscle gains, then you will with or without protein powders. A preoccupation with getting big and ripped is ridiculous and distorted- similar to the girl who has a case of anorexia or feels she has to be a size 2. Just work out and eat non processed foods. You'll have a plan for the future.

Thanks, the board

Try this:

http://www.mercola.com/forms/whey_healthier.htm

Also....

Check out the forums at http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/

dogsncats- Get a clue, a high protein diet is essential if you want to make significant gains, if you work out hard but your diet does not provide enough protein and good calories then you are robbing yourself of potential gains- a bit like trying to build a wall without enough bricks for the job.

You could get all the protein you need from food but a) you would have to consume alot of empty calories also and b) it is not always possible to roast a chicken or boil a few eggs if you have a busy lifestyle and if you eat poorly your body will go into catabolic state.

As you say, genes do play a big role, I'v got friends who it seems merely have to look at a loaded up barbell to add an inch to their biceps but those are the lucky few, the rest of us have to work damn hard for every lb of lean mass that we gain and if protein supplements can aid us in acheiving this then they can only be a good thing.

wanting to be "big and ripped" is not "rediculous and distorted" atall- I like the quiet confidence of being able to handle trouble whenever it tries to pin me down and being fit and reasonably strong is also very useful in my chosen sport- MMA

Rice protein. I am partial to Protein Energizer from Rainbow Light. It has rice protein, plus greens and fiber. You can get it at Whole Foods or probably online at Amazon or anywhere else.