Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clearskinismine

biotherm,vichy,clinique,lancome,laroche-posay?????

OK guys,

If you have tried any of the above brands.......I need your feedback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am referring to their 3 step systems ( or any other products they may have that you guys really like)

Ive olny tried clinique 3 step and i liked it, but I want to see if there is anything i can use regularly that I will fall in love with.

So please let me know what you guys like/dislike. etc.

Gagan

I recommend the Vichy Normaderm acne prone system. Use the cleansing gel, scrub, toner, and night & day creams. It's probably the best OTC combination available.

Use the La Roche Hydraphase Light.

Good luck!

I really liked the clinque 3 step till I went on accutane, my skin can not handle it anymore (even the level 1)....

I'll probably use it again once I'm off accutane.

The only one i use and like is the Vichy concentrate for sudden localized breakouts. Its gentle enough that if i need to touch up moisturizer during the day i use this instead! very non-drying but very effective.

I don't use their step programs but this is one product i definetely recommend to have around at the very least as a spot treatment or to use as prevention in problem zones

Well I definately recommend the La-Roche Effeclar line! I'm not using it now only because I am using my derm's line while on his treatments, however over two months I had great results with those products. It definately helps with acne but its also very gentle and doesn't dry at all. Well good luck and if you have any questions about these products just pm me!

Thanks guys!!!!!...... im gonna do some more research on roche...right now im leaning towards vichy....but the lady at shoppers drug mart told me that biotherm was the best since it was the most gentle. I need to check out the ingredients in these products. I might just stick to spectrojel.

Thanks again....if anyone has any experience with biotherm....I would love to hear about it.

I was in a new Shoppers the other day, one with a seemingly endless cosmetics department, and ended up leaving with an expensive makeup purchase (Cover Fx) and a bunch of samples. One of the samples was a Vichy facial exfoliant, which I was liking, but have lost! Another was a La Roche-Posay make-up remover gel which I am really liking. I hadn't even heard of La Roche-Posay and so just looked into them. I too am interested in trying their cleansers and such. So, if you find any success, let me know.

A suggestion (maybe for both of us) is to go into Shoppers and request a bunch of samples. Test it out and see which you like better.

Oh and years ago, The Bay gave me samples of Lancome which I remember really liking their toner and how soft my skin felt after. I don't recall their products to particularly address acne though.

i used la roche posay line before (mannny products) i liked them then but then irealized they werent getting off my makeup.. dont try their fluid renewal or something totally broke me out.

i would hihgly recommend shiseido pureness line... thers a deep foaming cleanser, toner, moisturizer and its WONDERFUL i got samples and the next day my skin looked so much better for some reason.. i know it doesnt have any medicinal ingredients (except for some azul botanical thing but thats not even medicine) but it made my skin SO much better. this line is for acne prone skin

the foaming cleanser gets allll your makeup off and you only need a tiny bit.

you should try it! get free samples at department stores like the bay

Clinique 3 step system dried me out and that's with me using the extra mild soap and the cloudy colored toner (forgot the name)..their lotion is oily..and I have dry skin!

thanks for your replies!

I have just recently heard about cover fx.... so please let me know if any of you are using it, what you think etc.

I am definitely gonna go to shoppers and get some samples.

if you find the clinique dramatically different lotion too oily, try the dramatically different gel....its supposed to be alot less oily.

thsi is sad, im doing all this research but i have a feeling that i am just gonna end up going back to the 3 step. I was getting really good results with it before. Its when i started using BP that everything went downhill.

Well, im going ot get osme samples and report back to you guys.

thanks for your replies!

I have just recently heard about cover fx.... so please let me know if any of you are using it, what you think etc.

I am definitely gonna go to shoppers and get some samples.

if you find the clinique dramatically different lotion too oily, try the dramatically different gel....its supposed to be alot less oily.

thsi is sad, im doing all this research but i have a feeling that i am just gonna end up going back to the 3 step. I was getting really good results with it before. Its when i started using BP that everything went downhill.

Well, im going ot get osme samples and report back to you guys.

Just wondering on your success with the samples? Another Shopper's girl gave me some samples of NeoStrata stuff. She ranted and raved about it--especially proud since it is Canadian. Have you ever tried it? I think they may have a 3-step type thing.

vichy normaderm was the best cleanser i used, however the toner was too drying for my skin (i like bodyshop vitamin E toner, its amazing). the vichy moisturizer is wonderful, too. :)

kiehls is similar and pretty good too. (the blue herbal series)