Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anonymous007

TCA cross downtime?

I'm getting TCA cross done next month by Dr. Monheit in Birmingham, AL. He's going to use 90%. He said the scarring I have is fibrotic and that the TCA would break down these strands and promote collagen growth. What is fibrotic scarring considered? Ice pick? I was a little confused because I thought I had rolling scars. I'm a guy so I'm not planning on using makeup after the procedure. How long should I take off work if I get the procedure done on a Wednesday or Thursday?

I don't get it. If he says it won't work why are having done? I think he means the scars are teethered to the dermis. Subcision is supposed to break this tethered problem.

It depends on how many you're getting done. It will look at a cut or scrap. bad but small.

Leslie

I don't get it. If he says it won't work why are having done? I think he means the scars are teethered to the dermis. Subcision is supposed to break this tethered problem.

It depends on how many you're getting done. It will look at a cut or scrap. bad but small.

Leslie

I'll probably get 6-8. I asked him about subcision but he was sure this would be the best procedure for me. He's a very well renowned doctor so I trust his opinion. If I get it and don't like it then I'll move on to the next treatment. They already took before pictures and I'll take some myself so I can see how my treatment is progressing.

He shouId do a test patch on you initiaIIy, then wait 6 weeks+. If he hasnt aIready suggested this, then i strongIy recommend you ask him to do this. Good Iuck.