Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SweetAmber

Few questions about accutane

1- Can accutane cause wrinkles? I mean, it does dry out your skin and we all know that dry skin can get wrinkles faster.

2- When do YOU take your pill? what's the best time? With water right?

I take mine in the evening during dinner with a lot of water.

3- anyone who takes the fishoil, do you take them together with the tane?

4- I am 60 kg, what's would be a high dose for my weight?

thanks!

1. nope! there was just another board done by tdot with this concern, you shouldn't get wrinkles!

2. I take 20 mg in the morning, 40mg at night. Water is okay but they need to be taken with some kind of fat, so milk is much better than water.

3. I think they should be taken at different times.

4. 60mg-80mg a day would be the MAX they should give you.

Hey

I think you should generally be taking your accutane in the morning with breakfast, since you will be awake all day after that and you will be eating more and drinking more and hence helping your body to metabolize it and clear it out of your system.

When you take it in the evening there is a long period (while you are sleeping) where you are not ingesting any fluids or foods and this can be hard on your liver.

My advice is to take it in the morning with breakfast and drink lots of water throughout the day, and you can take your fishoils or other supplements throughout the day as well.

Hope this helps

Gagan

Sure that is a good advice, I will see what's best. I need to think about it and maybe ask my derm.

But it sure does make a point yeah!!

:D

Haha yeah I am worried about wrinkles too, since I was using BP for so long my skin got discustingly dry :( and I got wrinkles, ew. I just hope accutane doesnt do that, I think i'm starting in 3 weeks.

Sure that is a good advice, I will see what's best. I need to think about it and maybe ask my derm.

But it sure does make a point yeah!!

:D

Haha yeah I am worried about wrinkles too, since I was using BP for so long my skin got discustingly dry :( and I got wrinkles, ew. I just hope accutane doesnt do that, I think i'm starting in 3 weeks.

my skin is barely dry at all. I don't think accutane is as drying as BP.

my derm told me to take the accutane with milk but i just take it with water or juice because i hate milk and that seems to be working out ok. just make sure you take it after a meal.

You must take your Accutane with fat or you are losing more than half of your potential absorption. For most people, breakfast is a low fat meal, and many people don't eat breakfast at all. I found it was easiest for me to take it at lunch - i carried my dose in a little pillbox in my pocket.