Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im looking for something other than panoxyl 2.5 gel!! that stuff works kinda ok but its soo drying and my skin starts flaking off..

can anyone recommend an alternative? Ive read about green cream and tea tree oil, anyone got any other suggestions that i can buy in the UK

Guest been13years

I've heard other UK forum members saying that they have bought a 2.5% bp product by Oxy.

well , since your looking at bp or salicylic acid (thats pretty much all you will get over the counter) - why not proactive?

If u use bp in conjunction SA that might work for you.....worked for me .....or you can just use SA alone.

Wht kind of acne do you have?

When mine was mild I use to used this toner by MaryKay - Blemish Control toner - that was all I used and it kept me in check.

then i switched to thes clean and clear astringent - all hell broke loose

clinique's toners have 5% SA and so they exfoliate really good and if u use a mild bp gel over that you should be good.

But again....what kind of acne do you have?

gagan

well , since your looking at bp or salicylic acid (thats pretty much all you will get over the counter) - why not proactive?

If u use bp in conjunction SA that might work for you.....worked for me .....or you can just use SA alone.

Wht kind of acne do you have?

When mine was mild I use to used this toner by MaryKay - Blemish Control toner - that was all I used and it kept me in check.

then i switched to thes clean and clear astringent - all hell broke loose

clinique's toners have 5% SA and so they exfoliate really good and if u use a mild bp gel over that you should be good.

But again....what kind of acne do you have?

gagan

My acne is mild i guess.. a few spots here and there around my mouth and chin, between my eye brows is another problem spot and i have 2 rashy areas on my cheeks near my ears which is caused by sleeping on my side.

As i said in my thread in the diet section, ive massivly decreased the amount of oil produced on my face by not drinking about 10 cups of tea/coffee a day each with 2 spoons of sugar in, also cutting out white bread and eating brown isntead.

Im currently waiting for this damn panoxyl gel crap to fully flak of my face.

im hoping my new diet will eventually clear my face up for good as new spots are not being made to replace the healed up ones in the comming months but id like to stick something on my face after washing to help heal and prevent

hey

yea if your acne is mild i would use next to nothing. Not sure if you guys have spectrojel in the UK but its a really great cleanser and alot of people that I know that has mild acne have stayed clear just by washing their face with that 2x a day.

If you get it, make sure you follow the instructions and wash with it for at least 30 seconds.

And that marykay toner -Blemish control toner- should help you too.

Stay away from benzoyl peroxide b/c your skin adjusts to the concentration and you will have to continue to increase the concentration of it to get the same effects. This explains why proactiv and other similar products usually work for a while and then stop working, and u end up with a face full of shit.

Hope this helps

Gagan