Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ruby007

I use to get laughed at, now Im turning heads.

Okay I use to have horrible ance. Im half white and half kenyan and was born with jaundice skin. I grew up in an negative enviroment that discouraged me from taking care of my skin so I did not take very well car of my skin for 15 years. Im 21 currently. I use to wear makeup when I was 15-19 all the time and use to use my fingers to apply it which only made my skin worse. I use to be overweight as well and so I use to eat a lot of take out and junk food all the time. I use to play a lot of sport and sweat horribly but lacked to take time to clean my face well. The reason why I am explaining all this , is for you to understand the habits and the enviroment I was in. Then I got herpes which made my face break out worse, and I know there are many other people who have encounter this kind of ance but may not be aware of it. Okay so At 19 I started to make an effort with my skin. I also use to smoke crystal meth and not drink much water which obviously fucked up my skin. I started getting pimples all over my face, and since i am mixed the scars look horrible. I rememeber my skin use to look so nasty because my whole chin was bumpy, flaky. Oh I also use to pick at my pimples and scars which I learned to stop because that always makes it worse. People would laugh at me. I was so embarrassed I use to hide when I had to work because I was too embarrassed. I wanted to die. I even though about suicide sometimes because I felt so ugly and honestly I know my faced looked fucked up. But I finally started learning how to take care of it. and so its been about a year since my face looked really bad and its cleared up so well that people have complemented me. And I honestly can tell how good my skin looks now. I never thought that my skin would get better but it can.

I drink 6 bottle waters everyday, drink green, white, and calm tea, no soda, or artificial juices, I dont eat a bunch of junk anymore, I balance out what I eat. I use a water bottle with pure water in it (not tap) and use that and spary it on my face when I clean it when I wake up and before I go to bed, and I dont touch my face with my fingers I use only cosmetic sponges when applying cleanser, toner, moisturizers, masks,'

I dont touch my face or rub it either. I use to be a very anxious and nervous person and so I would rub my face which would cause it to breakout.

Also I had to learn how to become postitive mentally even though my face was hurt. And then as month by month passed by I learned how to accept the face that my skin was ugly but my soul is not and that people are fucked up and will look at me with negativity just because of the way my skin looks. It made me more stonger and wiser because I experienced a lot of prejudice from people.

The product that I use and recommend is MURAD. I've been using all of his products, he has the best products. I've tried everything and I never thought that I would look pretty without makeup but I do and Murads products makes your skin healthy, clears up your acne. I use to have really bad skin. Now my skin looks great and its only going to look better the more i continue to use murad products and stay on my regime.

esp. if anyone knows what its like to have uneven skin, dark scars, his products, make it go away, it takes a while but it really works and makes your skin look sooo good. its worth every penny.

I hope this helps to anyone who is still suffering from ance. But it can go away, you just got to be patient and try and dont let anyone or anything bring you down. Love yourself in the most lovely way and that in itself has its rewards.

I hope this helps to anyone who is still suffering from ance. But it can go away, you just got to be patient and try and dont let anyone or anything bring you down. Love yourself in the most lovely way and that in itself has its rewards.

Thats very hard to do at times, but it is true. I work in a bar so I'm in face to the public all the time, and sometimes when I've been to work I've hated the way I've looked. Luckily most of the customers there are great and I've never really had any trouble about it. Its very hard but I just try and get by and get on with it, trying to be cheerful.

As tooshort said, very inspirational and just goes to show that patience can pay off.

Contrary to what a lot of folks on this board say, blasting MURAD, lots of folks have found success with it.

I feel the Murad Acne system is an excellent product myself, and I'm glad it's working for you.