Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, you guys and girls helped me so far, and this is how my face is... (my cheek)

IPB Image

[i wonder how tha heck did I take this picture... looks really funny... the pose that is.. the acne is serious... lolsz]

Buncha ''whiteheads or closed pores'' what should I do?

My face is very oily and please explain to me what is AHA, somthing for people with extremly dry skin?

Ok, you guys and girls helped me so far, and this is how my face is... (my cheek)

IPB Image

[i wonder how tha heck did I take this picture... looks really funny... the pose that is.. the acne is serious... lolsz]

Buncha ''whiteheads or closed pores'' what should I do?

My face is very oily and please explain to me what is AHA, somthing for people with extremly dry skin?

HEY man i dont no all that much about acne but i no the type u have to get ride of those closed pores they are closed comadones something written like that and u should exfoliate a lot and also if u can grow a facial hair do it i did that and u cant se those little bumps u have anywho hope it helps man take her easy

You might have some luck with BP (Benzoyl Peroxide) treatments - it's an over the counter cream that you can spread on your face to help prevent and reduce pimples.

Exfoliation can also be good. :) Take a look around at some of our over the counter medication forums - you'll find lots of options there!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showforum=3

hi, here are my suggestions..not sure where u live but hopefully in Canada like me!

1)make appt with Dr.

2) buy CSR stuff (bp gel, gentle cleanser, moisturizer)

3) follow the CSR regimen

4) do what your dr. recommends afterwards or just continue the CSR if its working for you.

where do u live? do you have drug benefits, do u have healthcare benefits.....please answer.

gagan

I am 15 years old, I live currently in Miami Florida, I'm using the CSR Regimen, nearly 4 months now... not much improvement u see... although I admit it was ALOT worser, clusters of little white heads, now it got rid of them but, its like they joined forces to a bigger white head and more spread out... Should I continue the Regimen?

What is a good exfoliation method, I dont care about redness or anything, Redness is hard to show on my skin tone... when its balanced out with Eurcerin SPF Cream... so... please help... and thank you so far for helping.

The CSR won't do much for that kind of ance (comedonal acne i.e. closed comedones, whiteheads, blackheads, clogged pores). BP has a light exfoliation affect but not significant enough. What you need is strong exfoliation from one or a combination of methods:

1) Retinoids. The most powerful and possibly effective topical. Normalizes keratinization. Available in either OTC flavors (Green Cream, Diacneal) or Prescription strength (retin-a, Differin, Tazorac).

2) Salicylic Acid. BHA exfoliant. Only buy from Paula's choice.

3) AHA's (alpha hydroxy acids derived from fruit) Lactic or glycolic. Available in moisturizers. OTC.

4) Manual exfoliation i.e. synthetic brush exfoliation, toothbrush, scrubs.

Research these and see what appeals to you. You can see a Derm and ask for their recommendations but they will surely prescribe a retinoid (probably Retin-a, maybe Differin).

Hi

Well for exfoliation i would reccomend you use a gentle cleanser and a buff puff http://www.shopinprivate.com/bufpuffacspo.html to gently exfoliate. I do it all the time. Just be very gentle.

Do not use scrubs or AHA lotions- they will further aggravate your acne.

I definitley think that maybe you need to increase your dosage of BP (go to a higher percentage) or use more of what you are already using.

If that doesnt work....try the hot water face dunking

If that doesnt work definitely see a derm/doc.

Hope I helped.....if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or whatever .

Gagan

Well, heres a new prespective. I think BP and all that other shit ppl put on their skin, like exfoliating AHA's really makes one's skin very thin and prone to acne. I completly stopped everything on my baddly infested chin, and after 2 weeks, redness is all gone and zits just crust over AND DIE like the fuckers they are.

But then again, you might have a chronic problem or soemthin, so I would first try antibiotics cuase my friend had like you had and he cleared up in a week ( fuck him!).

The CSR won't do much for that kind of ance (comedonal acne i.e. closed comedones, whiteheads, blackheads, clogged pores). BP has a light exfoliation affect but not significant enough. What you need is strong exfoliation from one or a combination of methods:

1) Retinoids. The most powerful and possibly effective topical. Normalizes keratinization. Available in either OTC flavors (Green Cream, Diacneal) or Prescription strength (retin-a, Differin, Tazorac).

2) Salicylic Acid. BHA exfoliant. Only buy from Paula's choice.

3) AHA's (alpha hydroxy acids derived from fruit) Lactic or glycolic. Available in moisturizers. OTC.

4) Manual exfoliation i.e. synthetic brush exfoliation, toothbrush, scrubs.

Research these and see what appeals to you. You can see a Derm and ask for their recommendations but they will surely prescribe a retinoid (probably Retin-a, maybe Differin).

Retinoids aren't exfoliants; prescription retinoids and (maybe) over-the counter retinol treatments work from the dermis encourage healthy cell production. Part of that includes increasing the skin's natural sloughing off process, but that doesn't mean that retinoids are exfoliants.

Salicylic acid is more effective than alpha hydroxy acids for treating clogged pores because unlike AHA's, salicylic acid, a beta hydroxy acid, can exfoliate within the pore rather than just on the skin's surface. I agree that Paula's Choice makes the best, but Neutrogena's Rapid Clear Lotion and Olay's Anti-Aging Anti-Blemish are also options. Other salicylic acid products available at the drugstore shouldn't be used because they either contain high concentrations of skin irritants, have too high of a pH, or both.

Manual exfoliation may be an option, but it works best on blackheads/non-inflammatory acne. You risk damaging your skin if you use it over inflamed acne.

I personally would opt for a retinoid treatment combined with salicylic acid (my own regimen is an example). You can use the salicylic acid as little as once every other day and as often as twice daily. The retinoid can be used as often as once a day and as little as once every other day.

Uh.... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhkay.... so basically... Exfoliation in the gentlelist way ever... is that what you guys are saying? Sure as hell sounds like it... anyways I will see what will happen... So far I will dunk my face in water and use the Salicylic acid 2.0%... and try to get that paula's choice thing... well thanks guys... really been a help with this exfoliation thing... but, feel free to dump more info... i was on the CSR for almost 4 months not much improvements... lolsz

Why? Can't i jus tell my doctor, ''Excuse me Sir, I would like to try Accuntane because Its my last resort. Thank you very much for understanding my deep needs.''

^well thats what i did... and she gave it to me...

i think i may be loosing my hair now though. and the acne has slowly been coming back.

Quit wasting your time - just go on accutane, it's good stuff.

Good luck finding a dermatologist who will prescribe it to you...

Actually my derm didn't decide to give me Accutane until he saw that particular acne on my face. My acne is also nodulocystic on my jawline and cheeks, but he didn't seem to care too much anout cysts, since I could always come in for cortisone injections for those.......I'd go in for injections once a week or once every two weeks to have usually 8-10 lesions injected at a time........One time I came in during my ovulation week, when my face would be covered in thousands of whiteheads.........That's when my derm said...."wow that's pretty bad".....why? because that meant that almost every pore on my face was blocked up......they would swell right after ovulation due to a sharp drop off in estrrogen....then they'd hide for the rest of the month.....giving my face the texture appeaence of sandpaper.....

I'd suggest using a topical retinoid to start out.....Try and see a derm if you can. If not you can try salicylic acid, but remember even a well formulated 2% salicylic acid product can only do so much....

Just remember that they will make you jump through hoops to get Accutane, and you may not actually need it in your case............

^well thats what i did... and she gave it to me...

i think i may be loosing my hair now though. and the acne has slowly been coming back.

Hey has accutane been none to contribute to losing hair. Maybe thats why im bald!! Dammit!!!!

Pop That Zit

I agree with what everyone else said about exfoliation. But what I really wanted to say is that you seem hilarious. I love your attitude.

Why? Can't i jus tell my doctor, ''Excuse me Sir, I would like to try Accuntane because Its my last resort. Thank you very much for understanding my deep needs.''

thats the best i could recommend.bud,my acne is ALOT less severe than that.And im on 20mg a day.Id go on it and kill those little fuckers now before you get depressed.You seem funny and cheerful...also keep that attitude :dance:

i had the same thing you had, and still do, but lots of people are telling you a treatment, what i found to work to is stay on your treatment and eat or drink lots of fruits and vegetables/drinks, try to drink a lot of fruit drinks like mango, some OJ, and some other fruits, I've also used some vitimans like muti-vitimins plus some vitimin E, A, and C this help heal it a bit faster, good luck with it! hey your from the 305 haha

whatz wrong from tha 305? or 954? or da 754? or da 641? lmao.... anywayz guys its been over a month and my acne cleared up REALLY good, barely any bumps although ocassionally 1 or 2 lil bumps on my jaw line and cheeks but thats okay right? that green creame stuff works realli good, u guys shud try it.. i really reccomend that and face dippin lmao...