Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snowdemon

Liquid Nitrogen / Cryosurgery for Scars

Has anyone else's doctor used spray liquid nitrogen to help clear their scars? I had bad red, raised red, and even some brown acne as well as shaving scars that had been on my face for over 5 years. I had them treated a few times over the past 6 months with spray (not dab on) liquid nitrogen by my dermatologist and the results have been fantastic!! :dance: I am hooked! This stuff is great! Within a few hours after treatment the area turns dark brown and doesn't start to fade for several days which is a little embarrassing to walk around with. You're also supposed to let it scab over and not touch the scab at all, since supposedly the scab actually helps to take away the scar and form new skin even though generally scabs results in scars. What I do is after 4-5 days and the scabs have formed, I put neosporin cream and some L'Oreal Total Effects moisturizer on the marks, then put a spot band-aid over it every night until it the marks have completely faded (about 2 weeks).

Note that I do have very light skin and I read that cryosurgery is favored for light skin since with dark skin there is a chance of hypopigmentation in the area.

Just thought I would share this information in case it might help anyone else!

Has anyone else's doctor used spray liquid nitrogen to help clear their scars? I had bad red, raised red, and even some brown acne as well as shaving scars that had been on my face for over 5 years. I had them treated a few times over the past 6 months with spray (not dab on) liquid nitrogen by my dermatologist and the results have been fantastic!! :dance: I am hooked! This stuff is great! Within a few hours after treatment the area turns dark brown and doesn't start to fade for several days which is a little embarrassing to walk around with. You're also supposed to let it scab over and not touch the scab at all, since supposedly the scab actually helps to take away the scar and form new skin even though generally scabs results in scars. What I do is after 4-5 days and the scabs have formed, I put neosporin cream and some L'Oreal Total Effects moisturizer on the marks, then put a spot band-aid over it every night until it the marks have completely faded (about 2 weeks).

Note that I do have very light skin and I read that cryosurgery is favored for light skin since with dark skin there is a chance of hypopigmentation in the area.

Just thought I would share this information in case it might help anyone else!

That'll only make them redder.