Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
foxy

Lemons...

Okay please don't bite my head off but (fresh) lemon juice works wonders on blackeads! I had blackheads (and acne) all over my back arms chest and shoulders and it got ride of it! I saw a huge improvment. Then my mom decided to stop buying lemons and using the ones that in the little bottles and everything came back. I'm so glad I'm going to the store today to buy lemons again :dance: So why not give it a shot. Just for a week? I'm sure you'll see a big improvment.

yeah lemon juice is great i found it improved my skin lots. I used to cut one in half each night before bed, eat one half, then with the other half i would squeez the juice out into a cup, then put that half in a bowl with boiling water and steam my face, then put the juice on my skin, and then have a shower a minute later. try it and see for yourself

do you mean eating lemons or putting it on the skin ??? i tried that for like 2 weeks its EXTREMLY bad for you and your teeth!!!

do you mean eating lemons or putting it on the skin ??? i tried that for like 2 weeks its EXTREMLY bad for you and your teeth!!!

No, it's not. Lemons are great for the body (high potassium, citric acid, vit C, and other minerals and vitamins). As for the teeth... Well it might make them a little sensible. Just don't brush your teeth immediately after consuming for lemon juice. For the skin... it's fine (it's antiseptic or anti bacterial).

Also, I think lemon juice is a natural bleach, as is cucumber juice so I have been told. So maybe it sorta bleaches the black out of blackheads? Maybe I'm wrong. Opinions?

I love homemade lemonade so I will just save a bit of juice next time and try it out...Lemons are very acidic so maybe it just burn out all of the bad stuff :D

Yeah really highly acidic. So add some water to balance it out. Not too much though. Maybe ratio of 1 to 2.

I started using squeezed lemon with some water. I cut up the lemon to the smallest I can. Save the rest of the lemon for other nights too. You dont need that much lemon. I add some water to balance out it. then put it all over my face like a toner after I wash.

It works beautifully. Right now my face's at it's best. I wish I had thought of it a long time ago.

But be warned. It will sting, just for a while.

(P.S. It lightened up my acne marks too! It has some bleaching acid (I think!?) in it. Works GREAT as a toner)

Used it back in the day, as was suggested by my folks. Melted all my blackheads away (hundreds on my nose), but also made it super duper shiny with all the free-flowin' oil.

Thought I'd give it a second try today. Worked... again, but the oil n' shine is still there. Then I took a big bite. Oh so bitter & sour.

how long did it take until you guys saw results? I'm trying lemon juice for my blackheads on my nose and was wondering how long it would take until i can see a difference. :rolleyes:

ive been using lemon juice for the past 3 nights but ive not noticed any change yet, i know i probably gotta give it more time so i will keep it up, OH GOSH it stings SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much but only for a minute or 2

so does anyone know how long it might take b4 i see any change?

i also just started drinking green tea which is ment to be good for your skin and for weight loss.... hmmmm is it best to use the juice just neat or diluted a bit???? :think:

I might try this...Is this safe to use on Accutane? I dont want to mess up my skin or anything. I've got some blackheads that are more visible due to the Tane pushing stuff out (I guess). And my redmarks dont seem to be fading at all on this stuff :(.

ive been using lemon juice for the past 3 nights but ive not noticed any change yet, i know i probably gotta give it more time so i will keep it up, OH GOSH it stings SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much but only for a minute or 2

so does anyone know how long it might take b4 i see any change?

i also just started drinking green tea which is ment to be good for your skin and for weight loss.... hmmmm is it best to use the juice just neat or diluted a bit???? :think:

Dilute it a bit, first 50/50, and if you don't notice a change after 2 apps, use it neat.

As for how long it takes, it depends. More open blackheads, which doesn't appear black, more like white to golden-brown, will disapear after the first 2 applications. Deeper ones (ones that really appear black) act sorta like an inverted plug, it'll be hard for the juice to penetrate through well. You could steam your face to open the pores just enough to let some through, but these are pretty big, so it'll take a while for them to go.

is this drinkin or puttin on face or both lol

Smearing on problem spots/areas. Drink this only to experience Summer feelings.

how long did it take until you guys saw results? I'm trying lemon juice for my blackheads on my nose and was wondering how long it would take until i can see a difference. :rolleyes:

The bigger the thing under the skin, the longer it'll take.

you guys should consider that our skin develops dark marks if we put lemon on it and expose to the sun

hm... Would it need to be only fresh lemon as in it wouldn't work from the bottle? Would it be ok to use on sensitive skin though?