Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
koala

Diet advice on acutane

Hi, its my 4 month on acutane 60mg/day and Im starting a new diet tomorow and wanted to know if the egg's white or the skimmed milk can make me breakout?

THANKS

A lot of people connect milk to breakouts. Dunno about the egg whites. Remember that you need to take your dose with fat - it increases absorption significantly. If you are worried about the fat, pick the types that are good for you like avocado, olive oil, nuts, and oily fish like salmon.

I've abandoned the diet idea until I'm done accutane.

I simply need the fat for the accutane to do it's job properly. Plus I hate skim milk... heh

I simply need the fat for the accutane to do it's job properly. Plus I hate skim milk... heh

so.. i should keep drinking like milk once a day? (at mornings when i take my pills) ?

so.. i should keep drinking like milk once a day? (at mornings when i take my pills) ?

If you can, that would be best. I make sure to have a big cup of tea with 2% or 3.25% milk in it when I take my morning pills (20mg) and with my dinner at night I try and have something with even more fat in it (40mg).

my doctor told me to take the pills with milk, but I don't because i absolutely hate milk. it should be fine to drink milk.