Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok well i get my wisdom teeth taken out on wednesday and im supposed to take antibiotics in case of infection. thing is i asked the chemist if this will be a problem because i take minocyclin. she said itd be best to stop taking my mino while on the other antibiotics for a week or so. so now im pissed. i dont want to stop takin mino im afraid ill break out. im thinkin about just taken the risk and not using these other antibiotics. i kow dick move but im paranoid

take the mino less frequently then resume after the other medication is finished. it is best to do what she says but im sure taking mino less often would be ok. hopefully :razz: .

I don't want to give you advice that goes against your oral surgeon's instructions, but taking prophylactic antibiotics after wisdom teeth removal is not always necessary. I don't know the specifics of your wisdom teeth situation, but I had mine extracted by an oral surgeon and I asked about antibiotics and he said he doesn't think they're necessary. Good luck with everything. I was dreading getting mine out and I opted to be awake (although they wanted to sedate me) and I was so glad that I stayed awake. The extraction only took about 15-20 minutes and I was totally numb. I just felt pressure and I brought headphones but I could still hear/feel "breaking". Still, it was not so bad and I was out with friends the next day.

I have found most any antibiotics will keep my acne away.... minus penecilin(sp), that didn't seem to work when I needed to take that. Most antibiotics are stronger than mino, cus mino's usually prescribed at 100 mg. When you know, tell us what kind of abs they give you. I used to freak out over this too brendan. But there was never a problem; most AB's will work at keeping acne away I have found. It's like trying to kill a bug with a hammer ;)

Lucky you, getting extra ABs! haha

maybe she said stop taking the mino cause she didn't know the answer. she probably just wanted for you to play it safe.

ok well i get my wisdom teeth taken out on wednesday and im supposed to take antibiotics in case of infection. thing is i asked the chemist if this will be a problem because i take minocyclin. she said itd be best to stop taking my mino while on the other antibiotics for a week or so. so now im pissed. i dont want to stop takin mino im afraid ill break out. im thinkin about just taken the risk and not using these other antibiotics. i kow dick move but im paranoid

the antibiotics they put you on will prolly be a lot stronger, and work a lot better than mino. I had an ear infection once, perfectly clear skin for two weeks.

nah its penacillin. and she didnt actually say anything untill i asked her then she went and looked it up. she brought me back this information sheet and it said that interaction with mino on this drug will cause the penacillin to become innefective

nah its penacillin. and she didnt actually say anything untill i asked her then she went and looked it up. she brought me back this information sheet and it said that interaction with mino on this drug will cause the penacillin to become innefective

well while ur off the mino, the pennicilin will help take care of the acne.