Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anti_acne

Was Accutane worth it??

This is just a question to all of you who took accutane (previous and current users). Do you think it was worth it for you?? How much do you think it got better?? Would you rather have skipped it or would you glady take it again?? And just how much did it improve for you; did it reach your desirable goal? Or have things just gotten worse for you?

OMG, so worth it! Of course, there were a few setbacks, but it was WELL worth it. I would probably do it again, IF I had to. My skin has never looked better. I have one more month to go, and the redness has almost disappeared completely. I am so amazed.

completely worth it. annoying side effects sucked but no big deal to me in order to have flawless skin.

cleared me up 100 percent and gave me my life back when nothing else would.

i would take it again in a heartbeat because i know how well it works!!

heidi

Accutane was super worth it!!! I can't say enough good things about this medication. It's really helped my complexion: both my skin and my excessive oiliness.

I've been on Accutane for nearly 7 months and I haven't had a breakout in about 2-3 months. That hasn't been the case since I was in my early high school years. I'm in my late 20's now.

Actually, I woke up this morning happy because of the thought of how much my confidance has improved, and how my daily routine's improved all because of Accutane. Before Accutane, I had a mild/moderate case of Acne, that never went away. It was only kept under minimal control through the use of bp: products such as Pro-Activ. However, those products burned my skin, irritated them and made my acne worse at times. Also, I had a terrible problem with excessive oiliness. I used to get so embabrrassed about my oily problems. I hated having to face people at my job. I always felt like hiding my face because to me, it seemed like everyone else was normal and I was the odd one out. I was the only girl at my job that had these terrible oily issues.

Plus, everyday was a hassel for me to get ready. Either it would be for work, a date or for something so simple as to going to the local gas station. I piled so much make-up on my skin. I knew it was bad for my complexion but I felt like I needed to cover up my acne and the war path it left behind on my face. I applied concealer everywhere on my face, liquid foundation, powder and blush... all to hide my problems. I applied more powder during the day to help reduce my oiliness but that didin't help. It just made it worse. I was doing that everyday since the age of 16 or so up until a few months ago.

So, Accutane was God sent. I haven't had a breakout in several months. Now, I use very little to hardly no make-up at all. I use a light powder and nothing else. It's a beautiful feeling to walk outside that door, face the world with my bare skin, and feel the air on my bare skin. I never thought I was ever going to get away from that. I did. My red marks are slowly going away. They look a lot better. Not having anymore breakouts is helping to ward off new red marks and helps the old ones just go away.

Accutane was super worth it! I wouldn't gladly do it again because that would mean my face needed it, which wouldn't make me happy. But yes, I would totally go on it again if I needed to. My confidance is back and strong. I haven't felt too many side effects while on this drug. I just felt the bare minimum.

If yu're contemplating taking Accutane, go for it. You'll be very very very happy and wish you would've went on it sooner, just like me. Good luck! :)

I know, I rambled on a bit, but I like to get my story out there as encouragement.

Wow, congratulations to all you successful users. I'm glad this treatment had such a positive impact on all. I must say, though, i really wanted to know you guys' opinion, since I am a fellow acne sufferer who went on accutane as well. I have been off tane for just over 2 weeks, after using it for almost 6 months. I was on a 40 mg on 1 day, and 80mg on consecutive days treatment. And I am glad to report that even in my case, i have no regrets of taking it. In fact i probably should post some of the nasty things i had to put up with and show my ultimate results on a gallery, here. I can actually walk out the door w/o foundation (i have very few faint pink marks on my cheeks) But they are rarely visible.

I just wanted to compare my results with others, and see if anyone had also any negative comments to make (although i find it hard to imagine, thinking about the wonders this miracle drug created). I am very happy that it works for a lot of people.

However, i also wanted to know (possible from anyone who's had accutane before and hasn't taken it for a long time) what the after effects are, or if there are any? Some people on this message board, apparently complained of long-time bone and joint problems. And also, does the acne come back like it was before?? How long does that take?

And how long do the red marks or faint scars take to fade away? (Although almost clear, i am still wondering when those light pink scars (if ever) will go away).

Hell yes, hasn't cleared me up completely, but any improvement is worth it for me. Even if it hadn't of worked for me I would still have not regretted going on it because at least you know you tried it. Would go on it again too. It's really not bad at all, you just tend to hear a lot of horror stories about it, but for the majority of people it's helped them so much So yep, totally worth it :cool:

It's definately worth it. I'd do it again in a minute. I'm almost 6 months in and not completely clear but I feel so much better. It's worth it.

I lived for several years with acne...and in retrospect, it really affected a lot about my life, including self esteem...to self worth. Even if others didn't acknowledge it...it was a big weight I carried around that I couldn't be normal like everyone else. Taking Accutane was the best decision I ever made.

So far for me yes definitely. I'm like 95% clear in 2 months with pretty minimal side effects (dry lips). I don't wanna speak too soon since I'm not even half way through my course, but so far it has been great, and I haven't been so happy in a long time.